+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 117 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Thread: LENCO - GL75 Project

I'm Andrew.

Tonearm arrived. Finally, get to put everything back together for a listen.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Brian.

Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Andrew.

Tonights Update - The Reference Lenco Pt XXXXX - This modder is having a rest.

The Lenco has now been fully set up again and all I can say is . All the extra time spent waiting around fine tuning the deck has meant that things have moved on again with regards what I'm hearing. The deck is now properly setup. Tonearm geomtery, cartridge alignment, tracking weight, ya da ya da, all setup correctly. The deck is now completely level.

DSCN3015.jpg

The deck is even more isolation from vibration.

DSCN3008.jpg

The Reference Lenco as it sits March 2017.

DSCN3014.jpg

The little shure M55E now sounds like a £750+ cartridge, I think it would now probably equal the Ortofon 2M black. TBH the thing which is now letting the deck down is the Shure cartridge but I love the little thing. I might go down the route of getting a Denon 103 and tweak it and then run it through the Lentek headamp that I have reserved for the Lenco's usage. Vinyl replay is surface noise silent. No sibilance. It's just a very nice place to be in at the moment. The deck will from time to time undergo additional tweaks and upgrades. I've been thinking about a slightly redesigned heavier plinth and maybe some more isolation for the tonearm cable to stop vibration from the phonostage and plinth from getting into the cabling. The motor will at some staged be de-coupled and probably mounted into the chopping block but that is for another time. So, I guess for the time being this is journey's end.

BYE!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Brian.

Not goodbye Andy ..... Au revoir .... I'm pretty sure this thread will be resurrected once '' tweakitis '' strikes . It's bin good though
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Andrew.

Tonights Update - The Reference Lenco Pt XXXXXI - Brought back from the dead.

A little mini-update. I rather missed writing about my adventures with the '75. The deck has now got a new cartridge in the form of a Denon 103M which is now run through my Lentek headamp. Nothing new here as I said that it would be the way forward for this deck. This is the deck in its latest incarnantion.

Here's the new cart strapped to the '75.

This cartridge bowls the old M55E out of the water and take the deck to a whole new level. I have written a review elsewhere on the forum. I honestly think the deck sounds probably about as good as I can get it. There will be tweaks as the years roll by and probably small improvements will occur via trial and error with tweaking carts,
    platter mats etc. The decoupled motor is the next job on the list, but that's for later in the year.

As always, stay tuned....
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm jamie.

j7 does proper finger lifts for the alphason by the way
    the turntable looks very nice!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    j7 does proper finger lifts for the alphason by the way
    the turntable looks very nice!
    Thanks. J7 did a FULL service on the Alphason. It's now virtually the same as your, I've got IKEDA silver rewire. Sounds great. The arm lift was knackered bit not anymore.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm brian.

Although a fair bits gone over my head I've also enjoyed your thread Andrew. Love those ice cream waffer looking plinth s btw, beautiful wood.
    Was thinking about ikeda wired for technoarm myself at one point then looked at my bank balance ? j7 is a great man to have onside. best wishes

I'm Andrew.

Tonights Update - The Reference Lenco pt XXXXXII - Ear's what I'm hearing!

Just a very very small update. The Denon 103M is now a keeper. I wrote a small review here - http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...rare-cartridge. I might start planning the motor decoupling mod this month or next . It's probably going to be a new head amp for the deck.

Brian, thanks for the kind comments. Glad to hear you enjoyed the thread, it's not dead just yet!
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Steve.

The linn has its following, part of there appeal is pace rhythm at timing......It doesn't appeal to me . Modded lencos may take some time and effort and money BUT they run rings around one of ivors main selling points.....pace . rhythm and timing and cost nowhere near as much. matched with the right arm and cartridge, modded well and you have a very serious contender to top end turntables and that's not such an exaggerated statement as some people might think .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 117 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast