Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
Tonights Update - The Reference Lenco Pt XXXXXVI - Deja Vu - Visiting an old friend

Well I've dumped the Denon 103M and head amp and have gone back to an old friend, the Shure M55E, why? Well after shed loads of listening there really isn't that much init, the Denon 103M+Lentek headamp is the better configuration but I've more interconnects than I like and I also have the additional faff of replacing a battery every few weeks with the headamp. The additional bonus of the Shure cartridge is that I have managed to keep the same tonearm and cartridge resonance, all the tonearm tweaking is still in place but I have concrete proof that I have a diamond that tracks with a 75uR diameter in my vinyl grooves. This stops me from having to spend stupid amounts of money on having the Denon 103M modded. The tonearm is still 1mm higher to the back than the front but the Shure cartridge is tracking parallel to the vinyl so I'm happy. This now concludes the tonearm tweaking.
Nice one Andy, the Shure M55 with Jico SAS is a very nice combination and on my Lenco delivers a stunning performance, I prefer it in some ways to my VPI set up. I am sure the micro ridge profile of the SAS digs deeper and tracks better than the 103M. I can't comment sound wise but I expect more detail retrieval from the M55 but less boogie factor?

I need to pop a capacitor on the on/off switch when I get round to it and I will then be using the Lenco for my main turntable again.

I use a protractor for overhang set up but not sure if it's the best. Do you have one that you would recommend or can you send me to a link for the one you use?