+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 117 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1162

Thread: LENCO - GL75 Project

I'm Brian.

Hah ! there's not many people miss me mate , including the missus

I had a mate over today . He has a Systemdeck 11X and he was very taken with the GL75 . TBH it does sound rather good at the moment . I've ordered a bearing top collar from the guy who makes them on LH so we'll see what that brings to the show .

I'm not going to get too anal with the mats , I'll try a couple and pick what I think is the best one and leave it at that .
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Hah ! there's not many people miss me mate , including the missus

I had a mate over today . He has a Systemdeck 11X and he was very taken with the GL75 . TBH it does sound rather good at the moment . I've ordered a bearing top collar from the guy who makes them on LH so we'll see what that brings to the show .

I'm not going to get too anal with the mats , I'll try a couple and pick what I think is the best one and leave it at that .
    Great to hear your enjoying the 75 again. Being anal is boring, leave that to me, enjoy your tunes!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

Tonights Update - The Reference Lenco Pt LXXII - BIG ANNOUNCEMENT - Version 3 of the Reference Lenco has started.

I've decided that now would be a good time to seriously start spending some time of developing Version 3 of my Reference Lenco. A lot of my other projects are virtually finished and the winter months are drawing in so I need something to keep me busy! I've spent quite a lot of time thinking about some of the ideas that I incorperated into the latest version of the '75 and how I could progress them even further. I have several general concepts to improve the performance of the 75.

1. Dampen and couple parts.
    2. Minimise components.
    3. Increase mass wherever possible.
    4. Protect from EMI/RFI
    5. Minimise / interupt / sink vibration when possible

Over the next few months I'll post some updates on how these latest ideas will be implemented.

One of the areas that I've been tinkering with is EMI/RFI and area where the deck could be prone to magnetic inteference. I have been looking at the decks current components and checking for those which are magnetic and ultimately they will be replaced. I have once MASSIVE problem! The top plate is extremely magnetic . So I've bought myself a cheap magnet and over the next few days will be looking for areas which need some attention. The platter mat shoot out proved interesting and has come up with a replacement for the old technics rubber mat. I played around with Thorens TD160 mat for some time and decided that it produced slightly more detail in the soundstage presentation. It was an extremely close run thing, we are talking minuscle differences but this is supposed to be a reference Lenco so the Technics mat had to go. I also like the Thorens mat because it has a nice non-magnetic 1mm steel or aluminium disc at it's centre which means that it's probably working as a rotating shield from the electromagnetic effects on some of the motor. This may not be the case and it may not offer any protection at all but it's their and not doing any harm. So, a quick snap of the deck as it looks with its new platter mat.

DSCN3366.jpg
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Tonights Update - The Reference Lenco Pt LXXII - BIG ANNOUNCEMENT - Version 3 of the Reference Lenco has started.

I've decided that now would be a good time to seriously start spending some time of developing Version 3 of my Reference Lenco. A lot of my other projects are virtually finished and the winter months are drawing in so I need something to keep me busy! I've spent quite a lot of time thinking about some of the ideas that I incorperated into the latest version of the '75 and how I could progress them even further. I have several general concepts to improve the performance of the 75.

1. Dampen and couple parts.
    2. Minimise components.
    3. Increase mass wherever possible.
    4. Protect from EMI/RFI
    5. Minimise / interupt / sink vibration when possible

Over the next few months I'll post some updates on how these latest ideas will be implemented.

One of the areas that I've been tinkering with is EMI/RFI and area where the deck could be prone to magnetic inteference. I have been looking at the decks current components and checking for those which are magnetic and ultimately they will be replaced. I have once MASSIVE problem! The top plate is extremely magnetic . So I've bought myself a cheap magnet and over the next few days will be looking for areas which need some attention. The platter mat shoot out proved interesting and has come up with a replacement for the old technics rubber mat. I played around with Thorens TD160 mat for some time and decided that it produced slightly more detail in the soundstage presentation. It was an extremely close run thing, we are talking minuscle differences but this is supposed to be a reference Lenco so the Technics mat had to go. I also like the Thorens mat because it has a nice non-magnetic 1mm steel or aluminium disc at it's centre which means that it's probably working as a rotating shield from the electromagnetic effects on some of the motor. This may not be the case and it may not offer any protection at all but it's their and not doing any harm. So, a quick snap of the deck as it looks with its new platter mat.

DSCN3366.jpg
    It looks very similar to the original GL75 mat Andy . What's the difference ?

That GL75 is beautiful BTW
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Andrew.

Dunno, they do look very similar!
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

The Reference Lenco Pt LXXIII - Micro-mini-miniscule update

The '75 has been taking a back seat of late due to lost of other things happening but I did get a rather good (not very original) idea whilst messing around building my EAR 834 clone. There has been quite a lot of posts suggesting that valve dampening rings work quite well with microphony, so why cant they work to dampen any bearing vibration? So, I spent £5 of my hard earned on 50 various sized dampening rings to see where I can utilised them in preventing / decreasing vibration getting into the Shure M55e cartridge. I intend to encase the Jolyon bearing and maybe even the chasis mounting bolts and any additional component that looks like it might benefit.

s-l225.jpg

I honestly have no idea if this will work but for <£5 I'm happy to experiment. Tune in next time for a fresh assessment of component optimisation.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Brian.

Where did you get the rings from Andy ? Well worth a try , especially for a fiver
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Andrew.

SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Brian.

Thanks mate
    Regards
    Brian

I'm James.

I see you two chaps are still tinkering
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

+ Reply to Thread