+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greetings from Blackpool

I'm ian.

Default Greetings from Blackpool

Hello.
    OK got into Hi Fi through my late Father about 1970. BD2 deck , Heath Kit amp and Mordaunt Short speakers.
    My first system back in 77 was. Fonz CQ30, Mayware Formula 4, Dynavector original 10X. Sugden C51, P51. Spendor BC1.
    Fast forward to present.
    Starting at the top. Pro-Ject 6.1 SB. Dynavector 10x MK 5. Pro-Ject Tube Box, the original from about 05. Two Audio Analogue CDP. First generation big box Maestro and a Rossini VT Rev2.
    Musical Fidelity A1 FBP, Lyngdorf SDA2175. Speakers are Audio Vector Mi3 Super.
    Bits and bobs. AT, Sennheiser H/Phones. X Duoo valve H/Phone amp. TV duties Super Pro DAC. SBT which is mostly used as a clock.
    All kit is second hand, bought from either E Bay or Forum Classifieds.
    Yes i have had a few disasters, the Rossini has been back to the Factory twice for new mechs. The Maestro also needed a replacement VAM 1250, which was a total pain. But got it sorted eventually.
    Music tastes are varied. Over 1500 CD to chose from, a lot more than Vinyl, i have a very understanding partner and a very large wall unit.
    Jackson Browne, John Hiatt, Joe Bonamassa, Neil Young, Floyd, Clapton etc. Mostly rock, i do have a few classical CD but not really my cup of tea. Sorry Dad.
    No intention of changing kit. Tried a few alternatives, sold the A1 and bought the Maestro integrated, oh dear, big mistake. lucky i still had the Lyngdorf. Had to find another A1 quickly. Old saying. If it aint broke dont fix it.
    Enough waffle look forward to posting.

I'm Geoff.

Hi Ian. Welcome to AOS.

Your mention of the BD2 brings back memories. I had a few of those.

You have an interesting selection of equipment.

Have a look around. You'll see music discussions and threads where every aspect of Hi-Fi is covered, so you should find plenty to interest you. Feel free to join in the chat.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

OOPs, sorry Bill, I missed your opening post... twas a busy weekend here... Anyway, welcome to the site and hope you enjoy the forum. dont let our tardy responses affect you
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I missed it too. But I was on hols, so I've got an excuse!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Andr'e.

Hi Ian
    You should have kept that '77 system
    Last edited by Virtual-Symmetry; 31-05-2016 at 03:21.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Ian,

Good introduction. Your '77 system brings back memories - I use to use a Sugden C51 preamp; still have it. Nice taste in music,

Enjoy the Forum

Barry
    Barry

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS
    Regards Neil

I'm ian.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.
    Yes the kit is a bit of a mix. But it all works very well together.
    The A1 FBP (if you can put up with two boxes and the looks) has to be one of the best second hand buys going. Two box,Choke Regulated poer supply. Fully Balanced with a USB Dac, M/M/M/C Phono stage with HT By Pass and full remote. As mentioned sold my first one (which is residing in Poland) and then bought a second. Works very well with the Lyngdorf.
    The speakers suite the music I like, I have had them since 2010 they replaced Dali Suite 2.8. There unfussy with placement. Moved last year and they had no trouble filling a room aprox 28FT Long by 15 wide, high ceiling as well.
    Now again I have a room aprox 30 ft long, extension on the rear, but due to room set up, firing across the room rather than down. Yes they work, not as good as previous, bit acceptable.
    I will try to get some photos of the room uploaded.

+ Reply to Thread