+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from a vinyl freak

I'm Sean.

Default Hello from a vinyl freak

Hello everyone
    My kids have finally left home and I know have taken a room to store my vinyl - which has been neglected for the last 20 years .
    I dusted off my Rega P2 bought a new cartridge,belt ,bearing and oil and have been blasting through my collection.
    I used to run a DIY record label and have played some of my releases and they still sound good.

I like lo-fi garage trash punk, surf, easy listening, Johnny cash, Paul weller , Beatles so a healthy mix!!

I'm on a mission to upgrade my system with a Rega RP6 and a Rega brio-r Amp and I'm unsure of speakers as my existing Eltax bookshelf ones have done me proud up to now.

So I'm gonna spin some more vinyl and have a mooch around

👍

Theevaultkeeper

I'm Josie.

Hi Sean.

Welcome to AOS.... you sound like your enjoying yourself! - lol - Good on ya

Enjoy AOS, plenty more vinyl freaks ere...

Josie
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS Sean
    Regards Neil

I'm Christopher.

Welcome to AoS

Good to hear that you have the space to get your gear out after such a long time.

There is a Rega Brio R for sale on here in the Private Exhibitions section which may be of interest?
    Best Wishes
    Christopher D
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main System: Vinyl - Technics SL1200 Mk1, Technics Mk2 Headshell , Audio Technica AT_VM95C, Cambridge Audio Azur 551P Phono Stage: CD - Marantz CD 6005: Amp - Cambridge Audio Azur 351A: Speakers - B&W DM600
    Second System (WIP) : CD - NAD C 521i : Cassette - Technics RS-BX404: Amp - Technics SU-V470 PXS : Speakers - Wharfdale Laser 60
    Streaming: Audio Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6: Active Monitors - Adam Audio T5V

I'm Rich.

Hi and welcome to AOS. I used to use a brio r - not a bad amp at all and still own a p3-24 deck. My mate still uses his p6 with a brio r and a pair of RS3.

a perfectly good system and decent value if you go for the used gear avoiding dealer mark ups. It can be bettered though for not much more, my Croft micro basic pre/phono stage and a mini t amp didn't cost much more than used brio and certainly less than a new one... sounds great with vinyl.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Steve.

Welcome Sean. I hope you enjoy it here.

I'm Peter.

Rega Brio R now sorted

I'm Jo.

10/4 on that move to the Rega RP6, Sean. All we need now is the money...

+ Reply to Thread