+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from India

I'm Saikat.

Smile Hello from India

Hi all,

I am Saikat from Kolkata, India.

I started my journey in Audio during my school days with a philips walkman.

It's almost two decades. During this period, I've changed my system time to time.

First change after the walkman was a cassette deck with 2 way bookshelves. Both were from local brands.

During my college days, I bought a creative 2.1 system. The source was my desktop.

As soon as I got my first job, I decided to move ahead with a creative inspire T6060 5.1 package. It was mated with my other desktop and a creative 5.1 sound card.

Till this point I was not introduced to hi-fi world.

In 2012, I felt an urge to upgrade my system with some serious stuffs. I started following different forums. I was in Scotland during that time. One fine Saturday morning, I popped into a Richersounds store in Edinburgh. The guys were really helpful over there. After listening to Wharfdale diamond 10.1, Dali Zensor 1 and Monitor Audio BX2, I found BX2 to be the clear winner. I picked up Yamaha Aventage 810 along with them.

After 2 long years, I added MA BX Center and JBL Control 1 for surrounds to complete my HT.

Last year, DIY bug bitten me and decided to build a stereo amp by myself. Completed my first DIY AmpCamp a couple of months back.

Currently, I'm working on a tube buffer project and another DIY amp - the legendary JLH 1969.

This is my journey so far.

My current setup is:
    Sony 40" EX650
    Yamaha A-810
    DIY AmpCamp
    Moniror Audio BX LCR
    JBL Control 1
    Raspberry Pi with Hifiberry Digi+ (transformer version)
    Peachtree DAC-iT
    DIY 10" sealed subwoofer
    Audioquest Turquoise Hyperlitz Analog RCA
    QED Qunex Digital coax
    Nakamichi 12agw speaker wire
    Cambridge Audio Symphony speaker wire (copper, silver)

I'm Martin.

Hi Saikat, welcome to AOS. What sort of music are you into?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Hi Saikat.. Welcome aboard
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Saikat.

Thanks Macca, struth. I listen to all genres of music like pop, rock, jazz, blues, hip-hop, electronic dance etc. Country music is not my thing. But I like bagpipes' tune. I love instrumental or acoustic music as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by saikatbiswas82; 22-05-2016 at 22:37.

I'm Martin.

Bagpipes!
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Saikat.

Right you are. And so silly of me. It's been corrected. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

eo]

Mull of Kintyre for you
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Saikat,

Nice introduction, enjoy the Forum

Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread