+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fellow audio lovers

Cool Fellow audio lovers

Here's a big hallo to you all.
    By joining this audio community I hope to learn things about audio equipment and some more.

Since a couple of years I started an interest in audio with a more refined, lush sound. For me it all begun at a hifi-show in Rotterdam in 2002 where I experienced the holy grail of tube sound, well that is how I do like to remember this event in my memory. What I did hear was awfully gorgeous,
    so real, so unearthly and yet heavenly at the same time. The players were Italian finest:
    Adamantes III monitors powered by the new Graaff GM 50 integrated.
    So here I am, 7 years later and my first tube integrated is on the way to me, is not the Graaff, it is tube-power from Japan.
    Will inform you later about it.
    For now,

Cheers,

Darkstar078

I'm ChrisB.

Hi & welcome to the Art of Sound. Does the name Dark Star reflect a love of silly space movies (the word silly here is not a criticism - it's one of my my favourite films) or a band of long haired men from San Francisco?

You may not have noticed, but we all prefer to refer to each other by our first names here - just add it to your signature. We're also all interested in where new members are & what music they love, so it would be great if you could let us know these things when you come back with your system details, which I'm sure will be liberally peppered with fantastic photos!!

Once again, welcome.

I'm Neil.

Hi darkstar

I echo Chris post above AOS likes its members to use first names, we feel it makes AOS a more friendly place. Welcome to the forum and enjoy your time here.

What kind of music do you like ?

Some photos of your system would be nice to look at.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Welcome DS - not much to add except to say have fun and get stuck in - we're a pretty friendly bunch most of the time!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Steve.

Hi Darkstar. Dark Star, my fave movie btw...
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

I'm InSpace.

Yo!
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

So you all can call me Sacha

To Grand Wizzo: you're right, ofcourse it's the movie!

Music artists I do like diversify like morning to sleeping time, though at the moment I listen a lot to: Cinematic Orchestra, 4 Hero, Dave Holland, Charlie Byrd, Rachmaninov, Beth Hirsch, Kruder & Dorfmeister, Lanupark Ensemble and Miles Davis [period '58-'61]especialy with Gil Evans.

Vinyl I spin with a Dual CS-5000 tt with Denon DL-160 cartridge, linked with Clearaudio Quint to a Lehmann Black Cube SE. A Marantz PM 8000 juices the JMLab Profil 66.
    Molecules via Van den Hul Inspiration transport. Then there are a Sansui TU-717 tuner, Nakamichi LX3, Marantz CD 17, more VdH Integration transport system and more of the same [ugh]. Kodachrome pics maybe next time.

Greetings to all at ASF.

Cheers
    ------------------
    Where the mills are still spinning around.

+ Reply to Thread