+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Plectrum - joining The Art of Sound

I'm Chris.

Default Plectrum - joining The Art of Sound

Greetings to all. First post in the Welcome Hall.

Joining today to read the pearls of wisdom on display here. Life long interest in hi-fi and music dating from student days in late 1970s. I now have the time to enjoy a new (small) listening room and a renewed interest in vinyl. Regards Chris.

I'm Grant.

Welcome Chris. Sure you,ll enjoy the forum. Join in the discussions too.
    What system do you use presently?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS Chris
    Regards Neil

I'm Chris.

Thanks for the encouragement.

I have the following connected
    A Voyd Valdi with RB900 and Ortofon Rondo Bronze in use. Anatek MCR1 Phonostage feeding a Hattor Passive Preamp and Chapter Couplet Power amp. Speakers are PMC FB1+. CD replay through a modified Roksan Caspian . There are a few other pieces in reserve for a rainy day. My listening room isn't large......less than 10ft x 8 ft cosy and the floorstanders don't sound out of place.

I'm Grant.

Nice equipment... good phono stage that. No reason big speakers in small space wont work well. Marco uses huge tannoys in a room smaller that thaat......
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Hi Chris and welcome to AOS. I still listen to the records I bought as a student too. I think I had better taste in music then
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Chris.

Yes I agree. I still have the majority of albums dating from those days. Many bear a little Permostat label and are (unsurprisingly) not dusty as a result. The collection has been brought out of retirement just as I approach it. I no longer have the Watts Dust Bug that used to grace my Rega Planar 3 from those days. Favorite album from those days must have been Remain in Light by Talking Heads.

I'm Grant.

Permostat has a bad dedregation record over the years, and seems to cause a lot of distortion and dirt on styli when this happens. Cannot say this always happens but I have seen it happen.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Plectrum View Post
    Favorite album from those days must have been Remain in Light by Talking Heads.
    That is one I had on cassette but don't have it anymore. I'll remedy that.

Thinking about it, favourite album as a student could be a good thread. Hard to pick one but my gut says Argus, Wishbone Ash.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

wasnt a student all that long, but mine would be Zep 1.. still their best album remember buying it when it came out.. was in the music box in Bathgate, and I'd never heard of them but liked the zep on front
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread