+ Reply to Thread

Thread: wanted : Bespoke super tweeters

I'm Alan.

Default wanted : Bespoke super tweeters

EDIT : Anyone got a pair of Bespoke AIR MOTION TRANSFORMER super tweeters they are willing to part with..the type which have there own crossovers and db switches cheerz...

edit...must have proper banana plugs that take 4mm banana/Z plugs and unscrew to take spades also...ta..

update : been advised to get Air Motion Transformer type tweeters...so..will consider these ta..
    Last edited by mad-moon; 19-05-2016 at 19:44.
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Andr'e.

Saw some on flea bay hundred fif'tea notes.

I'm Alan.

Yeah...I've sent him a message..to see if he can change out the mickey mouse speaker connections for proper binding posts....
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual-Symmetry View Post
    Saw some on flea bay hundred fif'tea notes.

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Martin.

If your buying new from Customsupertweeters on Ebay my advice would be to wait 'til he has the Air Motion Transformer ones in stock as IMO they are head and shoulders above the isodynamic ribbon ones, he'll even tell you that himself, if you ask.

I still own both and the AMT ones are much easier on the ear for longer sessions,and seem to integrate better with a smoother response, of course feel free to choose whatever you want just my tuppence worth
    We are the love we leave behind.

I'm Deleted.

I use AMT drivers in my own super-tweeters and they do work very well.
    Account Deleted

I'm Grant.

Ive got a set of supertweeters in boxes with switches and bananas. Cant remember what kind they are though. got them last year I think... used them on the Tannoys. they were ok for the money. got another set not in boxes that Geoff recommended, unused and a set of horns too.. not tried them either lol... must have a look for them all...
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alan.

thanks Martin...That sounds like good advice...I will contact him again and see if he is getting more stock...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudz View Post
    If your buying new from Customsupertweeters on Ebay my advice would be to wait 'til he has the Air Motion Transformer ones in stock as IMO they are head and shoulders above the isodynamic ribbon ones, he'll even tell you that himself, if you ask.

I still own both and the AMT ones are much easier on the ear for longer sessions,and seem to integrate better with a smoother response, of course feel free to choose whatever you want just my tuppence worth

I'm Alan.

Oh yes....can you hunt them out Grant ta...and send me some pics ...and prices...pm on way...
    Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Ive got a set of supertweeters in boxes with switches and bananas. Cant remember what kind they are though. got them last year I think... used them on the Tannoys. they were ok for the money. got another set not in boxes that Geoff recommended, unused and a set of horns too.. not tried them either lol... must have a look for them all...

I'm Lawrence.

I have a pair of Allington Audio Argent supertweeters I can sell. I owned a pair of custom supertweeters previously and I have to say I wasn't impressed, cheap plastic case and plugs with some sticky backed carbon effect vinyl wrap round them. Much happier with the allington in their thick inert solid aluminium tubes with solid oak backs with high quality brass sockets and 3 way frequency switch and variable output knobs. Sounded much better too which of course is the point. They have nice seperate oak and chrome feet.

+ Reply to Thread