+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mala's humble rack of joy in the attic

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by petrat View Post
    That Rotel box will have to go ...when everything else is black, including the cartridge.
    No it gives balance as its in line with drivers..

Lovely system by way and a nice space to listen to music
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kjell.

Quote Originally Posted by petrat View Post
    That Rotel box will have to go ...when everything else is black, including the cartridge.
    Bought in on sale, got it for a great price..but only the white version though Actually I dont use it at the moment. It functions only as a backup, and it delivers quite the punch too! I have barely tried to use it as pre, but I prefer the sound when everything runs trough the old Sony colossus to be honest. Why change a winning formula eh?

Thanks a lot struth. And yes, its small and cosy up there in the attic I also have a 55" Sony TV in the back with all the gaming consoles hooked up, gotta have all the fun stuff gathered right ?
    Sony TA-F830ES - Sony CDP-X707ES - Technics SL-1210MK2 w.Ortofon 2M Black - ASR Mini Basis MKIII - Hegel HD11 - JBL 4319 - Blue Jeans Cable - Project Ground-it Deluxe

I'm Geoff.

That Sony is certainly a beast. Looks superb!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Gary.

Gotta be all black.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 19-05-2016 at 17:20.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Andr'e.

Aye silver can look so cheap

I'm Aaron.

Loving how clean this whole setup is. Nothings out of place. Very pleasing to the eye!
    My Setup:
    Pioneer SX-353 receiver, Sansui RA-500 reverb amp, Pioneer SP-BS22-LR speakers, a god awful Crosley turntable (soon to replaced with something that sounds decent and doesn't scratch my records!), Roberts 778X reel to reel/8-track, Sony TC WE305 cassette deck

I'm Kjell.

Thanks a lot Aaron I was lucky to score that custom made rack some time back. And the seller was happy and all OK to ship it to me too! It could use some surface treatment and new paint though. But its perfect for housing my existing equipment so far
    Sony TA-F830ES - Sony CDP-X707ES - Technics SL-1210MK2 w.Ortofon 2M Black - ASR Mini Basis MKIII - Hegel HD11 - JBL 4319 - Blue Jeans Cable - Project Ground-it Deluxe

I'm Steve.

I find myself agreeing with the asses here. The Rotel sticks out like a sore thumb and as good as it may be it needs to be removed which will allow the subtle look of the high quality components you have there to be gazed upon in a more favourable way without the attention grabbing glare of the only silver item in the rack. I have a similar problem which i intend to improve upon very soon.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mala View Post
    Finally got around to take some up-to-date photos of my setup, I did what I could with my iPhone 6, so bear with me
    Good taste in decor Kjell, did the same thing with LP covers myself!
    Last edited by Gazjam; 19-05-2016 at 22:01.
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    I find myself agreeing with the asses here. The Rotel sticks out like a sore thumb and as good as it may be it needs to be removed which will allow the subtle look of the high quality components you have there to be gazed upon in a more favourable way without the attention grabbing glare of the only silver item in the rack. I have a similar problem which i intend to improve upon very soon.
    Oh I say...that's a bit naughty Steve-O?
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    DIGITAL
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    INTERCONNECTS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast