+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ripping Madness

Default Ripping Madness

hi,
    i've finally finished ripping 587 cd's onto an external hdd (280bg used of 450) it's been a long boring, soul destroying job, but i've got every cd i own on the damn thing. all in aiff tagged, artwork etc etc, now i can play anything with a touch of the iphone, i've got to get another couple of drives to back it all up, i'm not taking any chances because i'm not doing that again!!!
    is it worth it? well i bloody hope so! and unless you want me to come round and burn your house down with everybody in it DON'T, JUST DON'T suggest that i should have used flac or apple lossless or anything else.

i'm off to lie down in a dark room now for a while.

steve

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Now for a pair of ADM9.1's to enjoy those files with
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Nobody.

Steve hope you used FLAC

Took me two & half weeks to rip all mine into FLAC, i was well peed orf with it..

I'm notAlone.

Quote Originally Posted by steve dixon View Post
    hi,
    i've finally finished ripping 587 cd's onto an external hdd (280bg used of 450) it's been a long boring, soul destroying job, but i've got every cd i own on the damn thing. all in aiff tagged, artwork etc etc, now i can play anything with a touch of the iphone, i've got to get another couple of drives to back it all up, i'm not taking any chances because i'm not doing that again!!!
    is it worth it? well i bloody hope so! and unless you want me to come round and burn your house down with everybody in it DON'T, JUST DON'T suggest that i should have used flac or apple lossless or anything else.

i'm off to lie down in a dark room now for a while.

steve
    Good job !
    For the record, I did it three times with my own collection... (of about the same number of albums).

Now what can I tell you :
    1st : make a couple of backups. HDD costs nothing compared with the time invested to do the ripping right.
    2nd : if you want to change lossless compression, DON'T PANIC ! There's dbPoweramp Batch Converter which does exactly that in a couple of mouse-clicks !
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

Default ripping madness

yes of course, i'm going to buy two ext hdd's and back - up to them both and put them away somewhere safe. i really don't want to do that again, although i'm glad to have done it in the first place.
    thanks
    steve

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Steve hope you used FLAC

Took me two & half weeks to rip all mine into FLAC, i was well peed orf with it..
    no as stated in the original post i went for aiff, it's a soul destroying job already without having to tag everything manually.

i'll be round to your house later with a molotov cocktail.

thanks
    steve

no as stated in the original post i went for aiff, it's a soul destroying job already without having to tag everything manually.
    Have you ever heard of MediaMonkey? It would have saved you a lot of the manual work.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

it's a soul destroying job already without having to tag everything manually.
    Which ripping tool did you use ?
    I use EAC which is set to create folders and tags automatically.

I've had a play with dbPoweramp, and it also sets up folders and tags automatically ?

Chris

Default ripping madness

yes i've heard of most of the ripping programmes but being a mac head through and through i stuck with....... whisper it...... itunes. there i said it, i think itunes works just fine, does what it sez on the tin etc etc.

when faced with windoze i start to get all jittery, break into a cold sweat and run screaming from the room, usually just after i've smashed the crap out of the....... i can hardly bring my self to say it......... p.c. (cold shiver down the spine)

so right now i'm a happy bunny, now i just need a caimen and a sugden a21a or maybe a valve amp.

cheers
    steve

I'm notAlone.

iTunes does it's job, no worries.

Just don't feed it damaged CDs...no I didn't say it...
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast