+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello From Flintshire

I'm peter.

Default Hello From Flintshire

Hello i am strating to rebuild my HIFi after 6 years the past one was the following Kef 207, Rotel RCD991 , Michel Alecto monos mk2 , Tom evans Vibe , Michell orbe and sme V dynovector cartridge , etc took ages to build but then i fell ill and needed to money to live ,so that was the frist thing to go , so looking around to buy this again ,i live in north wales , like all types of music , but Pink Floyd has to be on my top ten along with led zep ,
    cheers peter

I'm Grant.

Hi Peter... A full rebuild then... Glad your health has improved, or hope it has.... If you want any answers then ask a question it the appropriate section
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm peter.

Default yes a full rebuild

Hi thank you for the welcome , yes a full rebuild it is , but not on the health side but that is some thing else , it took a while to build the last system but only a week to sell it off,
    lost a lot of money , but it was a lession i needed to learn that good second hand stuff saves you money and still sounds the same , any how thank you for the kind welcome ,

peter

I'm Geoff.

Hi Peter. Welcome to AOS.

Sounds like you've had a bit of a tough time. Hope you're all OK now.

How far have you got with sourcing your component bits for the new system?

Are you hoping to replicate exactly what you had before? There may be other options now.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS Peter, hope you enjoy the forum.
    Regards Neil

I'm peter.

Thank you for the reply , might have a bite at this auction ,a Full Linn set up is for auction , and no it is not eBay , all the new klimax stuff but it may be beyond my price range , i am on the look out for some tom evans stuff, i had the vibe and pulse 2 , and the phono stage ,but i may look out for the beast of an amp a rotel rb1090 i had one to run the kef 207 s ,and then bought the michell mono blocks ,
    upgraded to mk2 , alecto ,by townsend ,the mk1 cannot be upgraded , the mk2 with the green boards can ,
    hifi stuff starts to be bought in a couple of weeks , if i can find any at the correct price and her indoors does not moan to much !
    cheers
    peter

I'm Geoff.

Why not start a thread in the Blank Canvas area or start a blog in the Gallery as many do, Peter. Then you can tell us how you're getting on with your system as it progesses and get some interaction with members.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by gwernaffield View Post
    Hello i am strating to rebuild my HIFi after 6 years the past one was the following Kef 207, Rotel RCD991 , Michel Alecto monos mk2 , Tom evans Vibe , Michell orbe and sme V dynovector cartridge , etc took ages to build but then i fell ill and needed to money to live ,so that was the frist thing to go , so looking around to buy this again ,i live in north wales , like all types of music , but Pink Floyd has to be on my top ten along with led zep ,
    cheers peter
    Hi Peter,

Welcome to AoS. Glad you've got over your period of illness and are now back to the even more important stuff, such as building a new hi-fi system!

I'm sure you'll find the forum useful for that, as the guys and gals here are very friendly and helpful. We're not far from each other, so if you fancy a listening sesh sometime, just let me know

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

Peter. We have a new member who is near you and is contemplating the sale of a decent looking Linn with Ittok if you would be interested.

You could PM him to discuss. The thread is here: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...hi-ish-end-kit

I'm peter.

Hi This is where i am upto with the new is build ,MF 6500i , a MFm6 DAC with bluetooh MF M1 transport , Michell Odyssey number 34 out 100. michel /trichord delphini mono phono stage numer 16 of 30 made , 4 box , but using a NC power supply with a Y cable to run off the NC power supply whilst i get the original ones upgraded by trichord , Kef r900 speakers to take the power of the amp , and now a WB ASSIDE 8 tear rack , which i have had to starp to the wall as it is not that stable, but will have to make a brace and some deeper shelves to make every thing fit properly , unless some one needs an 8 teir rack ,which is for naim componants , and not for the bruser of an amp i haveP1000910.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast