+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Back in Black

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    A Decca? Never heard one, but it's on the list of things to try and get a listen to.

I am also still tempted by a Music Maker. I have heard so much about them, but this won't be until next year.
    I think I have bought enough cartridges this year already.
    Yes Kevin they soon mount up! I was on a mission to try and better the 2M and half convinced myself a moving coil would be better.........

I started out 30 years ago with a Decca / Garrard 301 and Croft amplification and this was the best system I ever owned. Sold the lot when Ceedee came in

3 years ago I decided to sort another system out and was still intending to go digital until I went to my mates and heard a Decca again

Binned the idea of anything digital and went full on into vinyl and I don't regret that decision at all as I have had 3 years of fabulous music.

The Decca is not for the faint hearted and it does have its limitations but I do have some experience with them and this time I am going to do it properly. 30 years ago I had never heard or had the ability to adjust VTA!

Should be fun.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

danilo Guest

Oooohhhh That's a Lovely looking setup.. I'm Envious.
    Sadly I can't replicate it.
    The roomate has a cleaning Fetish and has destroyed the cantilevers on ~6 carts .. over the last decade.
    Closed doors don't seem effective.

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by danilo View Post
    Oooohhhh That's a Lovely looking setup.. I'm Envious.
    Sadly I can't replicate it.
    The roomate has a cleaning Fetish and has destroyed the cantilevers on ~6 carts .. over the last decade.
    Closed doors don't seem effective.
    So get another roommate ��LOL
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm James.

Listening to the 2M again tonight.

It's fabulous!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Kevin.

I am still listening to the Hana SL and it is superb.
    It's also black and has a Shibata.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm James.

I'm Clive.

Still waiting for my Hana SL
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm James.

I am still listening to the Hana SL and it is superb.
    It's also black and has a Shibata.
    Sounds good Kevin. How does it compare to the 2M?

I found going back to the 2M Black it had much more weight and balls to the sound with a vividness that sounds live.

I get what MC cartridges do -airy fairy top end etc but I like the solidity and structure of a good MM.

I'm Kevin.

I have not listened to the 2M Black for a while, but I will say that the AT33PTG/II would probably be right up your street.
    It sounds very solid throughout the frequency range.

The SL is also very good, but there seems a little less power/dynamics in the bass at the moment. It's still early days for the Hana though, and the suspension may not be fully run in.

They both dig out the detail, and both are an enjoyable listen. I plan to put a few more hours on the SL this weekend, as it is a bank holiday weekend. I will report back.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm James.

I have not listened to the 2M Black for a while, but I will say that the AT33PTG/II would probably be right up your street.
    It sounds very solid throughout the frequency range.

The SL is also very good, but there seems a little less power/dynamics in the bass at the moment. It's still early days for the Hana though, and the suspension may not be fully run in.

They both dig out the detail, and both are an enjoyable listen. I plan to put a few more hours on the SL this weekend, as it is a bank holiday weekend. I will report back.
    Enjoy your tunes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast