+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Back in Black

I'm jamie.

cheers rob,interesting how we are all in the same ball park re set up.
    im hoping my new cd player doesnt leave the TT behind.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm James.

So nearly one month after sending my 2M Black back to Ortofon I have had a replacement. They never did come back to me to let me know what the issue was with the stylus but said it did not meet specification.

Anyway a new stylus is now back in my hand and I will spend the Easter weekend breaking it in and setting up -joy!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Brian.

Enjoy yourself James . I'm sure it'll keep you occupied
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    So nearly one month after sending my 2M Black back to Ortofon I have had a replacement. They never did come back to me to let me know what the issue was with the stylus but said it did not meet specification.

Anyway a new stylus is now back in my hand and I will spend the Easter weekend breaking it in and setting up -joy!

I'm Con.

Enjoy JAMES AND HAPPY EASTER TO ALL. Now quick update just installed oyaide hs-tf headshell significant upgrade money well spent. One issue that I noticed is from 3.7 VTA down to 0.3 mm VTA FOR MY SWEET SPOT and all that on a 6 mm glass mat ,so if my calculations are right the oyaide headshell would not be appropriate on a thinner mat for that sweet spot with the 2m black. So any future oyaide headshell buyers please look into this issue . Bare in mind I am using stock tonearm.

I'm James.

I nailed the sweet spot for the 2M very quickly and it seems to be opening up nicely.

Going from a 3 year old stylus to new really is like cleaning your windows and opening the curtains.

The biggest differences are, detail, clarity, tighter bass and less distortion. Everything sounds super sweet and clean. It's only when you swap in a new one you can tell the difference. After 3 years of heavy use I think my old 2M really is ready for the bin!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Con.

Once you know how the sweet spot sounds like it's much easier to find it again. Apart from the above detail clarity bass have you guys noticed a shift in the soundstage as well or was it just me.

I'm James.

Had the new 2M black stylus now for 4 weeks and probably done about 50 hours. . I have been listening very carefully and taking notes each week as it ran in and must say there is quite a difference from new.

Biggest areas that have improved are soundstage and bass. The 2M absolutely masters bass control and dynamic swings. The top end has also become more refined.

I am tracking at 1.6g and VTA is slightly lower at the back. So this is where I will leave it for the next 2 years until it needs replacement.

I'm jamie.

I recently re did mine and found setting the bottom of the cartridge parallel with the record was just a tad to bright, dropping the tonearm about 3mm at the back works wonders.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Had the new 2M black stylus now for 4 weeks and probably done about 50 hours. . I have been listening very carefully and taking notes each week as it ran in and must say there is quite a difference from new.

Biggest areas that have improved are soundstage and bass. The 2M absolutely masters bass control and dynamic swings. The top end has also become more refined.

I am tracking at 1.6g and VTA is slightly lower at the back. So this is where I will leave it for the next 2 years until it needs replacement.

Totally relate Jim. I've literally lost sleep at the thought of ever losing that 'spot' again or having to tamper for whatever reason - The pain and joys of the majestic 2MB

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast