+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Back in Black

I'm Mick.

Is amazing how low the rear goes but its where it works best. I spent do much time trying to make it level with not the best results.
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm James.

My 2 month old 2M Black has had to go back to Ortofon to be checked out after it failed the other night.

Very long story which resulted in major investigation of my system. I though one of my speakers had gone, then power amp, preamp etc etc until finally I checked my cartridge and pulled out the 2M stylus and replaced it with my old stylus. Bang everything was back to normal. So something has happened to the 2M. Cantilever looks straight but can't see much of the diamond. Dealer was excellent and asked me to send it straight to them who would send to Ortofon and replace if found faulty.

My Denon 301 mk2 will now be back in service for a while.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Robert.

Very odd James, hope it's all sorted and soon

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    My 2 month old 2M Black has had to go back to Ortofon to be checked out after it failed the other night.

Very long story which resulted in major investigation of my system. I though one of my speakers had gone, then power amp, preamp etc etc until finally I checked my cartridge and pulled out the 2M stylus and replaced it with my old stylus. Bang everything was back to normal. So something has happened to the 2M. Cantilever looks straight but can't see much of the diamond. Dealer was excellent and asked me to send it straight to them who would send to Ortofon and replace if found faulty.

My Denon 301 mk2 will now be back in service for a while.
    Keep us updated Jim
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm James.

Thanks chaps, will post up Ortofon investigation when I hear back.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm James.

OK an update on my 2M Black. It eventually made its way to Denmark to be checked at the Ortofon factory and they have come back and said the stylus does not meet their specification and therefore will replace with brand new.

Although I have had to wait a few weeks I am a patient man and feel they have done a proper and thorough investigation and the outcome is a new stylus which for me is a good result. It also vindicates my feeling there was something wrong with the stylus and it is encouraging customer complaints are dealt with integrity by Ortofon.

Excellent customer service I would say.

I'm Mick.

OK an update on my 2M Black. It eventually made its way to Denmark to be checked at the Ortofon factory and they have come back and said the stylus does not meet their specification and therefore will replace with brand new.

Although I have had to wait a few weeks I am a patient man and feel they have done a proper and thorough investigation and the outcome is a new stylus which for me is a good result. It also vindicates my feeling there was something wrong with the stylus and it is encouraging customer complaints are dealt with integrity by Ortofon.

Well done Jim. Though a pain in the at least they have resolved it

I'm Robert.

Nice one Jim

I'm Brian.

Do you think it was faulty from the outset James ?
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Do you think it was faulty from the outset James ?
    No I think it developed a fault during use, suspect it could be internal issue or maybe diamond chipped? I will try and find out what from Ortofon what the problem was. They just said it did not meet specification.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast