+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flagship Audio Technica Cartridge

I'm Hugo.

Default Flagship Audio Technica Cartridge

http://www.theaudiophileman.com/#!about1/ci3v

This is a truly different take on moving coil cartridge design! The coils mounted on the cantilever directly above the stylus look a bit vulnerable, but I applaud AT for doing something different to almost everyone else. Of course, Miyajima do moving coil cartridges differently too, but pretty much everyone else remains bound by convention.

I'm Robert.

Looks the part. At £4.1K, What other very high end carts would it be competing against for comparison ? Ortofon Anna ? and so on ......

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Looks the part. At £4.1K, What other very high end carts would it be competing against for comparison ? Ortofon Anna ? and so on ......
    You would be surprised how many cartridges are priced up at that level! Certainly too pricey for me and just think how you would feel if you snagged it on something!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Robert.

Tell me about it. £4.1K, different world. I'do £1.5k ish if i had the funds max regardless. That would just about get me the Cadenza Black if I shopped around which is all the cart I believe I'd need.

I'm Gone.

Not a new concept, when I was with JVC we released a direct coupled MC in 1979

http://www.vinylengine.com/library/jvc/mc-1.shtml
    ani it was one of the best MCs I've ever had. It was 3186.00 in 79, god alone knows wht it would cost today.

danilo Guest

Seems to Me...like a Lot to pay for.. Only.. the cartridge.
    Not to mention ALL the other bits necessary
    To playback a $5 (when new) or currently 1$ at the Thrift store... LP?.

I'm James.

I have heard a fair few top end £3000+ cartridges and for me, apart from price , the main issue is they are often only incrementally better than some way down the price range. Definitely the law of diminishing returns applies here.

Same applies to cables as well!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Adam.

I heard the AT prototype playing at Munich. I was impressed...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulStewart View Post
    Not a new concept, when I was with JVC we released a direct coupled MC in 1979

http://www.vinylengine.com/library/jvc/mc-1.shtml
    ani it was one of the best MCs I've ever had. It was 3186.00 in 79, god alone knows wht it would cost today.
    I still have one. A lovely cartridge - fast, dynamic, clean and exciting. I believe the coil was etched like a PCB.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I have heard a fair few top end £3000+ cartridges and for me, apart from price , the main issue is they are often only incrementally better than some way down the price range. Definitely the law of diminishing returns applies here.

Same applies to cables as well!
    Quite... Ive settled on my shure now and sold my mc. and still got the uber at95 for special occasions lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast