+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Clarkson Show to be called 'The Grand Tour'

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by skimminstones View Post
    Then top gear clearly isnt the show for you to get that info. Im confused by people over the last ten years, (not necessarily you but ive seen it so many times), that watch top gear and complain it isnt the show they want it to be. If i dont like a show i dont tend to watch it anymore.
    I was just saying.. and that (in bold) is exactly what I do.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Grant.

A bit like forums
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

If you want to know how much boot capacity the latest pile of plastic crap has then there is Fifth Gear or magazines, or on-line reviews. They cancelled the old Top Gear because no-one wanted to watch boring reviews of boring cars.

Then we had new Top Gear which hit the spot exactly until a few seasons in when people started noticing it and it became the most popular factual show in the world, and jumped the shark a bit, but not enough to ruin it.

Then the boring hypocrites saw their chance and took that away from us - but now we get The Grand Tour to replace it. It won't be about boring review of boring cars because no-one wants to watch that.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm joe.

Clarkson can be amusing (eg on HIGNFY and QI). I don't think I've ever seen a whole episode of Top Gear, just snippets half-seen at my sister's house, but what I have seen doesn't make me keen to watch either the new Clarkson vehicle (see what I did there?) or the new Top Gear. But then, I'm a dullard.

I'm Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Im with Brian on this... One big yawn lol
    The Big Yawn? Billy Connolly?

Problem with Clarkson et al, is that the boring part in my opinion are their narrow personalities, presenting styles, same old jokes, same old cliched faux-emotion to camera. Yawn indeed.

Wheeler Dealers is much more interesting (though I'm really not into the whole money/investment aspect - want prices to drop not increase!). New Top Gear has at least a new set of presenters to get bored of slowly, but more of them so should take longer.

I'm Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    My fridge is frost free Barry , it looks like I'll be doing some painting instead
    It's a misconception that you need to spread the paint - just open a tester pot and pour some out.

I'm Steve.

Clarkson gets right up my nose. I won't be wasting my time watching this. Some times I am glad I don't have a digi box.

danilo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Advent View Post
    The Big Yawn? Billy Connolly?

Problem with Clarkson et al, is that the boring part in my opinion are their narrow personalities, presenting styles, same old jokes, same old cliched faux-emotion to camera. Yawn indeed.

Wheeler Dealers is much more interesting (though I'm really not into the whole money/investment aspect - want prices to drop not increase!). New Top Gear has at least a new set of presenters to get bored of slowly, but more of them so should take longer.
    Agreed.. basically too predictably Boring . How many times can one watch a Septuagenarian do the same Stupid things?
    IF younger ? My apologies, but He certainly looks the part. The other two straight men are just Comedic relief or at least supposed to be.

Not seen 'Wheeler Dealers'..Likely a plausible premise as 'Museum England" is a planetary opinion of the Sceptred Isles...where.. Anything.. Old is both revered and surprisingly overvalued
    Could be worth a laugh.. at least once.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by danilo View Post
    Not seen 'Wheeler Dealers'..Likely a plausible premise as 'Museum England" is a planetary opinion of the Sceptred Isles...where.. Anything.. Old is both revered and surprisingly overvalued
    It wasn't always the case. We knocked down or scrapped way too much after the War. Only recently that we came to our senses and started preserving it instead. Other cultures will catch up one day
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Is there anything that is old and valued in Canada? Something from the Inuit culture perhaps?
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234