+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More armboards for the mightly SL-1210 MKII and MKV

I'm Steve.

Default More armboards for the mightly SL-1210 MKII and MKV

First one is an African Blackwood, for an Ammonite base / Jelco 750 arm.

In a different light

This Ebony one is for the Mission 774 arm. It's a much bigger armbase than the SME offerings.

I have a satin black armpod and a valve amp protective valve cage on the go ready soon
    Last edited by Magna Audio; 07-10-2017 at 19:15.
    System: Turntable : SP10 MKII slate plinth, Custom Ebony tonearm board, Arm : Fidelity Research FR64s, Cartridge : SPU Royal N. SUT : Lundahl 1:13. Phonostage : Icon Audio, Streaming RPi/Kali reclocker -> I2S -> DSP XO / Pre / 4 DAC's : WAF Najda, 5 Poweramps : 3 x EL84 SET's, 2 x D class amps on bass channels, Speakers : 5 way front loaded horn system: 2 X Tapped sub 15" LF drivers / 2 X Exponential mid bass 15" drivers / Tractrix 200Hz mid horns with JBL2482's, / Tractrix 550Hz upper wooden horns with factory refurb'd Vitavox S2's / Raal Lazy Ribbons as high frequency tweeters. Wires: good silver or good copper where best suited. DIY RCM.

Maker of tonearm boards, armpods, Tannoy GRF style speaker cabinets, horn speakers, counterweights and more.
    For more information about my creations and products please click below

http://fosworld.wixsite.com/magna-audio & on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/magna_audio/

I'm Mike.

Nice, but have you thought about recessing the bolts?

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Nice, but have you thought about recessing the bolts?
    Did you mean the bolts in the Mission arm plate? - Only if they had been countersunk.
    If you mean the three outer armboard mounting bolt holes, then countersinking could reduce the integral strength of the ebony.
    System: Turntable : SP10 MKII slate plinth, Custom Ebony tonearm board, Arm : Fidelity Research FR64s, Cartridge : SPU Royal N. SUT : Lundahl 1:13. Phonostage : Icon Audio, Streaming RPi/Kali reclocker -> I2S -> DSP XO / Pre / 4 DAC's : WAF Najda, 5 Poweramps : 3 x EL84 SET's, 2 x D class amps on bass channels, Speakers : 5 way front loaded horn system: 2 X Tapped sub 15" LF drivers / 2 X Exponential mid bass 15" drivers / Tractrix 200Hz mid horns with JBL2482's, / Tractrix 550Hz upper wooden horns with factory refurb'd Vitavox S2's / Raal Lazy Ribbons as high frequency tweeters. Wires: good silver or good copper where best suited. DIY RCM.

Maker of tonearm boards, armpods, Tannoy GRF style speaker cabinets, horn speakers, counterweights and more.

http://fosworld.wixsite.com/magna-audio & on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/magna_audio/

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

The 774's I sold had large diameter but short length countersunk self-tappers which needed care once threaded in to keep the top of the arm board flat.

Lovely looking boards which I'm sure enhance the techie sonics no end over a ringy metal one.

I'm jamie.

the three 774's ive owned had the same dave,the base plate is counter sunk so they fit flush.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Must be later ones then. My main experiences with this arm are mostly pre 1980 and for the LP12, we lightly counter-sinked the 'SME' drilled holes before fitting the 774 arm base with the four pozi-head self tappers provided.

Amazing this (sorry for drift), the 774 was judged inferior to the Ittok, HOWEVER, guess what deck we made that assumption on? The 774 sounded amazing on a Systemdek III I recall and it even lifted an AT95E to heights unheard previously - it did, really...

Good luck Steve. To order, can you customise the fixing holes to an SL150? I believe the plates are the same size, just different screw fixings.

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Must be later ones then.
    no your right re the screws,i was agreeing with you.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post

Good luck Steve. To order, can you customise the fixing holes to an SL150? I believe the plates are the same size, just different screw fixings.
    Everything is possible Just need the dimensions or the deck to work from.

+ Reply to Thread