+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Excellent report on this year's Munich show

I'm Nick.

Noting wrong with a 75W set, nothing wrong with 1500v anode, though more would have been better for a 250tL. You have more volts in your microwave. Just needs doing safely. I do agree the price tag is a bit "extreme".
    Nick.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    This looks identical to my Thorens under the platter (well apart from the naff idler wheel).... Is this a new Thorens?

Its a belt drive, or idler from Audiosilente called the GIRADISCHI BLACKSTONE, price 36000 Euros

http://www.audiosilente.com/blackstone.html

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2014/08...ler-drive.html
    Regards Neil

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I'm not 'anti' the show at all, but .... y'know....

I would consider going, but I'd rather go to the Rocky Mountain one as I'm a chav and prefer American food to German.
    The German influence has been immense in the USA https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German..._United_States
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Its a belt drive, or idler from Audiosilente called the GIRADISCHI BLACKSTONE, price 36000 Euros

http://www.audiosilente.com/blackstone.html

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2014/08...ler-drive.html

No freaking way... You have got to be pulling my aunties leg... THAT is a Thorens TD124 in a different body... everything is the same, even the strobe is in the same bloody place and even the bearing looks the same. A 36000 Euro TT fitted with a crappy elastic band idler too... wtf! Me thinks someone is taking the piddle.

Right... my TD124 is going on ebay for 36000 Euros...
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Geoff.

No freaking way... You have got to be pulling my aunties leg... THAT is a Thorens TD124 in a different body... everything is the same, even the strobe is in the same bloody place and even the bearing looks the same. A 36000 Euro TT fitted with a crappy elastic band idler too... wtf! Me thinks someone is taking the piddle.

I'm sure it's very nice Jo. But the money buys two half decent cars with a lot more engineering in them. (yes. I know it's a bespoke product with a limited market)
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol - you're a daftee! You should defo go, as it's a league apart from anything done in the UK, and you can turn it into a little holiday. I think you'd love it, and yes, the beer (and proper German food) is superb

Marco.
    This is without doubt correct. Jerry needs to hear MBL 101E Xtreme, in the same way I need to hear Apogee Grands or Full Range at Henk's in the Netherlands.

My next house will have a room capable of housing either of those Apogees - TBH Full Range to my re-build spec is the one I feel I'd go for.

It'll probably never happen but hey... you never know.

I'm Justin.

Insanity factor stratospheric.

I'm Josie.

LOL.. boinkers.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm scott.

Kharma , Kondo , Silbatone & Wolf all sounding great this year
    Sibatone using 1924 Western Electric 11a horns with 100 years old + valves VT1 & VT2 beyound ultra rare
    lots of tape & turntable only rooms & almost no CD players at all just streamers

lots of mad valve amps on show & even madder turntables
    lots of new streamers , Wifi , bluetooth systems

popped into the B&O room with new active flagship speakers with about a kilowatt of amps inside
    DJ walked in & asked for the router password & streamed some very loud Techno direct from his phone in less than a minute

I'm Justin.

More I reckon. Build a better copy tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567