+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm in love with an old belt drive

I'm Mike.

Default I'm in love with an old belt drive

Yes, I know you've all seen one before and yes, it's not that special etc etc etc but I am just amazed by how this thing sounds (and looks)

I present to you, my old Manticore Mantra

I was never going to go back to belt drive but that was then and this is now
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Geoff.

The Mantra always had a very good reputation for its sound quality. Well worth hanging onto.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Shane.

Love it.
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm Andr'e.

I bought a brand new 'Mantra' back then mine was the same Sepele finish as yours but had a Green pwr button.. for some perverted reason i was obsessed with how bouncy the suspension was on the Mantra.. If i remember Castle Acoustics in Skipton at the time did those plinths for him..im sure they did.

Again needs the Hardboard bottom & those tiny little rubber feet replacing with something more substantial..
    Last edited by Virtual-Symmetry; 05-05-2016 at 20:45. Reason: spellin correction

I'm Mike.

Kj
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual-Symmetry View Post
    I bought a brand new 'Mantra' back then mine was the same Sepele finish as yours but had a Green pre button.. for some perverted reason i was obsessed with how bouncy the suspension was on the Mantra.. If i remember Castle Acoustics in Skipton at the time did those plinths for him..im sure they did.

Again needs the Hardboard bottom & those tiny little rubber feet replacing with something more substantial..
    Hi Andr'e,

You are right; Castle did make the plinths for the Mantra and a fairly substantial affair they are too.

Removing the base and replacing the feet are the first things I will be doing. Sounds great as it is though, so it can wait a while
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Andr'e.

Little trick. Fire a Zerostat gun near the motor it should stop the deck

+ Reply to Thread