+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Squeezebox problem

I'm Jerry.

Default Squeezebox problem

Used my SB3 last night and it was fine. Tried it today and I couldn't connect to Radio Paradise-error message 'could not find IP address'. Tried a few more stations same problem. I can connect to My Squeezebox and stored music.
    On looking at the web browser a lot of things have disappeared including Shoutcast and nearly all internet stations.
    Tried disconnecting and firmware reboot-no joy.
    HELP!
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm notAlone.

Probably a router problem. Try rebooting your internet (and probably wifi ?) router/modem.
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

I'm Jerry.

Thanks Dimitri,
    I tried disconnecting and restarting my router but that didnt work. I think I will wait until my son gets home as I remember him messing around with router settings a few days ago. The sooner he goes off to university the better-no I dont mean that but he can be a pain at times!
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Hi Jerry

There is also a possibility of firewall issues - I use Zonealarm, and sometimes it blocks stuff that should get out.

Sonny Jim does look to be guilty of something - I have yet to experience offspring borne technical problems, but I have friends who have (format c , done from the cmd line)

Chris

I'm notAlone.

That's why I keep all admin passwords for my personal use...

Probably the DHCP (subnet) settings are invalid, and your SB gets an invalid address and/or an invalid DNS/gateway address.
    Last edited by Themis; 13-11-2009 at 14:20.
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

I'm Steven.

Ouch, with one foot in the weekend (I hope you understand this translated Dutch saying) but no RP on your SB.

I love that station with its 192kbps/128 kbps AAC streams !
    Last edited by Fi-Wi; 14-11-2009 at 14:47.
    Yamaha - Pioneer - Bluesound - Squeezebox - Beresford - Chario - MJ Acoustics - iBasso

Yamaha RX-V1300 * Bluesound Node 2 * Pioneer DV-656A SACD/DVDA * Squeezebox Touch + BotW linear psu + SBooster * Bushmaster Mk2 + Beresford Dorado * Beresford Capella * Chario Syntar 200T (front) + Chario Syntar 200 (rear) + Chario Syntar Dialoque (center) * MJ Acoustics Pro50 (sub) * LG OLED 55C8 * iBasso D2+ * beyerdynamic DT990/250 * Belkin AV 53001 speaker cables * Mark Grant G1000HD ic * Silver High Breed ic * Mike Homar WBT'ed digital coax * Beresford TRC-222 digital coax * Supra USB * Beresford TC 3618 toslink

Steven

How did you get on Jerry ?

Was "his nibs" the cause of your problem, or does the fault lie elsewhere ?

Chris

I'm Jerry.

Its sorted and it wasnt honourable sons fault.
    I did a system restore which sorted it. I think I had deleted a toolbar on my desktop and this had something on it whch was needed by the Squeezebox.
    Jerry

Ah well !

Result anyway.

Chris

I'm Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by Fi-Wi View Post
    Ouch, with one foot in the weekend (I hope you understand this translated Dutch saying) but no RP on your SB.

I love that station with its 192kbps/128 kbps AAC streams !
    Steven,
    I totally agree with you about RP at 128aac but I think many people just use the MP3 stream without realising that there is a better alternative. So my recommendation to anyone who hasn't tried it is to visit RP at their website and copy the details of the 128aac stream.
    Jerry

+ Reply to Thread