+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A big hello to members on this glorious sunny UK Wednesday.

I'm Andrew.

Default A big hello to members on this glorious sunny UK Wednesday.

Ok so a little about myself.... I am a 53 yrs old and I work for a private house builder doing all their snagging and maintenance and have worked for them for 19 yrs now ( so if you require any advice I'd be more than happy to help )
    Music wise I do like most genres and I have recently fallen back in love with music after ditching the surround sound system after realising that I don't actually listen to music any more !!
    So after trying various old gear that I'd owned in the past , NAD , marantz, Accuphase, Cyrus , Linn .
    So the current system I'm using is ; Linn Majik , Linn pekin , Linn genki , 2x lk85 power amps and my speakers are old KEF reference 105/4's .
    BUT !!! I can't help but think that my old Accuphase E203 and arcam cd73 beats the Linn by far ( my opinion) .
    I also have a lovely pair of Celestion ditton 44's in the garage that I am determined to use .
    I guess in short that I have reignited the hifi bug and may never be totally happy with my hifi ever again.
    I live in Milton Keynes ( UK ) .

I'm Dave.

Hi Andrew, welcome to AOS. Enjoy the forum.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Martin.

Hi Andy

The old 'Accuphase sounds better than Linn' shocker, eh?

You have a really good set up there IMO - I've heard most of the bits one place or another. s always the real test is if you get drawn to switching it all on and playing some tunes. If you do then it's a good 'un.
    Welcome to the Forum.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Andrew.

Hi Martin ,
    Thank you for the welcome .

I'm Andrew.

Hi Jollyfix , thank you for the warm welcome.

I'm Andrew.

Ok guys , I would love to get members advice about changing capacitors in the ditton 44's , but I'm clueless as to where I ask ?

I'm Geoff.

You have a choice Andrew. The Past Masters section is for discussion of vintage gear or general Hi-Fi questions can go in the Blank Canvas area.

And a warm welcome to AOS from me too by the way.

Have a good look around and you should find plenty to interest you here. Feel free to start new threads or just join in the chat.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS Andrew
    Regards Neil

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Andrew.

I'm not surprised to hear you think your Accuphase amp/ Arcam CD player outclasses your Linn gear. Good luck with the refurbishment of your Celestion 44s; they are a popular speaker for some here.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread