+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Problems with mission 774 tone arm

I'm Torsten.

Capillar means it only works inside a tight enclosure.
    Capillar force can make liquids go upwards against gravity even.
    That does not work outside a rod or any element without a tight gap in some way.

I'm Geoff.

I think Clive may be referring to the way surface tension can make liquids rise slightly up surfaces.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I think Clive may be referring to the way surface tension can make liquids rise slightly up surfaces.
    Thank you that man. I read somewhere that you should not use too much fluid on a stylus because the solution can make its way up the cantilever and damage the rubber at the top end.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm Torsten.

Agreed on both.. & I kind of knew what Clive was aiming at.

For sure if the fluid made it all the way up the cantilever, that'll be be by far too much fluid applied in first place, but practically is not easy to archieve, too.
    Drowning the cart in fluid is no good idea anyway &
    thus if someone chooses to use a fluid,
    I would take the cart out from the tonearm, handling precision and sight is much better, use a jeweller's magnifier &
    I try to apply only so much ideally that the dirt on the tip just soaks up a bit of the fluid & then brush
    & repeat with a certain patience till the tip is clean.

Also I rather dive the diamond tip into the fluided brush to get the tip just contaminated by fluid
    rather then sort of apply a drop of fluid onto the tip.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234