+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Plinth - Need Feet

I'm keith.

Default New Plinth - Need Feet

Just ordered a new plinth for my Thorens. Can anyone recommend some nice feet for it? I like the ones they are sitting on in the pic but cant seem to find them anywhere. Something similar would be nice as well. Preferably ones i can adjust as i need to make the right side of the turntable a fraction higher than the left to make it perfectly level. Also ideally something that wont involve any drilling, so just resting on or sticking to the plinth if i can.

This is the plinth ive bought...

Are these any good? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1512812950...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Also, id quite like to get a Thorens badge to stick to the front. There are a few on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fr...badge&_sacat=0 Al on the other side of the world by the look of it, can they be sourced closer and which ones would people go for? I cant decide.

I'm Ralph.

Those feet are too blingy for me I'm afraid. They stick out like a sore thumb and take your eye away from that lovely plinth. Plain black feet would be much more in keeping especially with that black top plate and arm. If your top plate and arm are stainless, anodised aluminium or the like then something matching those might be in keeping but understated black usually gets my vote. Having said that, when I build ply layered plinths I often turn the feet out of ply too and finish them the same as the plinth which never looks out of place so maybe some hardwood feet to match the plinth might be good.
    Ralph.

I'm keith.

Quote Originally Posted by CornishPasty View Post
    Those feet are too blingy for me I'm afraid. They stick out like a sore thumb and take your eye away from that lovely plinth. Plain black feet would be much more in keeping especially with that black top plate and arm. If your top plate and arm are stainless, anodised aluminium or the like then something matching those might be in keeping but understated black usually gets my vote. Having said that, when I build ply layered plinths I often turn the feet out of ply too and finish them the same as the plinth which never looks out of place so maybe some hardwood feet to match the plinth might be good.
    Bear in mind my top plate wont be like that, it will be the standard sliver and black that the TD160 has.

I'm Ralph.

Quote Originally Posted by skimminstones View Post
    Bear in mind my top plate wont be like that, it will be the standard sliver and black that the TD160 has.
    If your top plate is silver and black then I'd still be inclined to go with black feet.
    Ralph.

danilo Guest

I replaced the factory rubber 'feet' on my Thorens years ago. Refitted the feet from a Technics 1200 TT that I took to bits.
    These are suspension type feet.. seemed as a good plan.
    Worked OK... the Thorens bounced a bit less with footfalls Definite improvement but not outstandingly so.
    Finally got a piece of thick Granite as a mass/base and used bits of Blu Tack to couple the Thorens to the stone slab.
    Seems to be working fine... Foot falls no longer upset the thing.
    No I haven't yet, nor will I likely try: Jumping up and down to test it.

I'm keith.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...f_rd_i=desktop

Are these Sorbothane feet any good? Ive heard they are meant to be good for isolation but i dunno....they just look a bit cheap really.

I'm Sergio.

Sorbothane is cheap material, not so good for sound.
    I made many footers for my own appliance, thus I can discuss regarding that.

For vynil player I made even footers screwed construction (with regulated heigth). I can not find those photos right now.

Future is bright, great and positive.

I'm Sergio.

Future is bright, great and positive.

I'm keith.

Quote Originally Posted by Eisener Bart View Post
    Sorbothane is cheap material, not so good for sound.
    I made many footers for my own appliance, thus I can discuss regarding that.

For vynil player I made even footers screwed construction (with regulated heigth). I can not find those photos right now.
    They look good but my DIY skills are rubbish so i'd never be able to make my own. Need to buy some ready made.

The plinth arrived this morning Wasnt expecting it for a couple of weeks as i only ordered it 4 days ago and its come from Austria. Impressed with that. Swapping the plinths over was easy enough as well so just need the feet and a badge now.

I'm Geoff.

Looks very nice. Quality plinth that.

(hope you don't use the dust arm whilst playing records )
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast