+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Naim bits for sale

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Darren @ Class A will certainly service the amps to Naim's standards, but dare I say that one can take them even further with higher grade components? These things are old enough now to be eminently up-gradeable by other experts, as can be done with vintage valve gear.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm David.

that £400 (that make it up to £2k) via the handy work of such people as les of avondale are, from what i understand, quite extraordinary .. i have not heard them my self, but my understanding is that a les fettled 180 excedes the quality of a nap250! quite a feat concidering a nap250 is £2700 ... £750 or better than £2700?? .. anyone who has followed this little tale of upgrade willknow that i have been very close to taking a very similar route my self! i have just found a bit (quite a large bit) extra cash and veared away from the naim/fettled naim path
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

The 180 lacks the heavy-duty regulated supplies of the 250, which work so well with low impedance speakers, but in return, the 180 can "breathe" more into more conventional loads. Part of the problem apparently, is in using 40V supply caps with a 37V approx supply and if left on 24/7 this seems to shorten the life of said caps.

HiFi dave has said to me on many occasions how much warmer toned the current naim stuff seems to be. I wonder what they've done to the circuit?

Apologies hamish, you have amps to sell and all i'm trying to do is suggest some ways of bringing them more up to date...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm David.

no probs dave, it might seed an idea in someones head!
    here is a link to avondale's site for anyone who does want to walk that path http://avondaleaudio.com/
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm David.

i have decided im going to give this until the end of sunday on here before i offer it else where!
    im going to interest check now on pfm

I'm David.

its on pfm now but im not going to accept any offers til monday.. people here get first refusal

Your amp combo would be a great way for one of our budget system users to get a solid foot well up the hi-fi ladder.

I'm fightingmywayoutofawetecho.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Toy View Post
    Your amp combo would be a great way for one of our budget system users to get a solid foot well up the hi-fi ladder.
    The only Solid foot you need is my size 10 one right up ya Jaxi ya DAFTEE
    My System:

Linn Akurate DSM,Naim 32.5 pre amp Hicap,Naim Snaxo Hicap,3x Naim 250 power amps,Active Naim NBLs.
    Dave Hewitt MR PLANK 4 watt SE and Jm Lab Electra 905s.

I'm David.

interest has been shown in the hicap, so if there is no takers between now and sunday night that is sold.. no presure

I'm David.

oh and the 82 has phono boards in it and i also have a set of blank boards for using an eternal stage!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast