+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 220v

I'm Jez.

Like I say, each to their own.... IF the original performance sounded harsh and screechy, due to the type of instruments used, a screechy voice from the singer and acoustics that make it even worse, then I want it to sound harsh and screechy when I play it back. High fidelity. Warts 'n all.
    Others take the view that the resultant sound should be messed about with till it sounds "nice".... even if that is not what it sounded like originally... It's all been done to death in past threads anyway
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm James.

Definitely each to their own Jez, no right or wrong with some things
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Is it a kh500? Bet they're worth a bit these days.do they still make 2strokes?
    It was a hybrid. I bought is as a heap and rebuilt it. It's part H1 and part KH500. Not that there's a huge difference. I had H1 sidepanels that were a bit too battered, so the KLH500 items went on. It had ported H1 barrels, skimmed heads, bigger carb jets and Denco track boxes (spannies). It was quick!

There may be a few small two stroke Japanese bikes still in production, but nothing significant that I'm aware of.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    It was a hybrid. I bought is as a heap and rebuilt it. It's part H1 and part KH500. Not that there's a huge difference. I had H1 sidepanels that were a bit too battered, so the KLH500 items went on. It had ported H1 barrels, skimmed heads, bigger carb jets and Denco track boxes (spannies). It was quick!

There may be a few small two stroke Japanese bikes still in production, but nothing significant that I'm aware of.
    So how quick was it? I had my RD250 air cooled Yam tuned to the point of doing 108. The acceleration was so fierce that mates with 750's used to ask for goes on it for the rush! Fuel consumption was truly horrific...

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm James.

I had an AR125 when I was 17,I pretended it was a gpz900
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    So how quick was it? I had my RD250 air cooled Yam tuned to the point of doing 108. The acceleration was so fierce that mates with 750's used to ask for goes on it for the rush! Fuel consumption was truly horrific...
    Jez,just a few months ago on eBay there was two rd250's for sale,one had 1mile on it£6000 and one with no miles £9000, in Italy I think,these were LC's though

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Jez,just a few months ago on eBay there was two rd250's for sale,one had 1mile on it£6000 and one with no miles £9000, in Italy I think,these were LC's though
    It reminds me of the passing years when I think that bikes I well remember as the latest high tech new kid on the block are now appreciating classics....

I'm Geoff.

My mate had a tidy Suzuki GS750, which he thought was the dog's wotsits and he looked at my Kwaka and said "I'd piss all over that little thing". I said nothing and tossed him the keys. He was gone about twenty minutes. When he returned and got off the Kwaka, he just said, "fucking hell! I've never ridden anything like that". I knew I'd get a reaction something like that, 'cos I'd already tried his GS750 and knew it was a plodder in comparison.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    My mate had a tidy Suzuki GS750, which he thought was the dog's wotsits and he looked at my Kwaka and said "I'd piss all over that little thing". I said nothing and tossed him the keys. He was gone about twenty minutes. When he returned and got off the Kwaka, he just said, "fucking hell! I've never ridden anything like that". I knew I'd get a reaction something like that, 'cos I'd already tried his GS750 and knew it was a plodder in comparison.
    About what I'd of expected! I also once had a mildly tuned GT380 Suzuki. It was too heavy, under braked etc to be really useful but the sound of the triple Allspeeds was intoxicating enough

I'm James.

It reminds me of the passing years when I think that bikes I well remember as the latest high tech new kid on the block are now appreciating classics....
    Aye, Padgett's in Batley had a gpz900 not so long back,zero miles I think,or very close to it £14000

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast