+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: which one to choose

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by jim5057 View Post
    Hi

They may be hard to find too. Just taking a peek at the Usher. It sounds like it may be a contender. Have they finished trading. It's a beast.
    usher are still trading and the R1.5 still shows on their website, Mackenzie hifi have them £2249 new, certainly looks a beast
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    certainly looks a beast
    Yes. It does look the part. I'd like one myself, Usher gear is extremely well made. Their amp looks like a bigger version of the amp I'm currently using.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Yes. It does look the part. I'd like one myself, Usher gear is extremely well made. Their amp looks like a bigger version of the amp I'm currently using.
    I bet it would get my s520's to boogie
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    I bet it would get my s520's to boogie
    While I had my S520s, they were on the end of my Class A amp and sounded great!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    While I had my S520s, they were on the end of my Class A amp and sounded great!
    I was going to get mine out again to try with my freshly serviced quad 306, I'm buggered if I can find my stands though

I'm nigel.

hi james...I would go for the Yamaha.
    I had a cr1020 a few years back and it was a great with all types of kit.
    sadly I let it go in swap for a TT just as the price of this style of vintage kit was about to climb to the moon.

one thing to bear in mind with the CRs is the preamp section runs mighty hot....almost all will show some staining around the silver grille on top...you may need to have some parts in this section replaced.....and buy yourself a can of switchcleaner, you will need it!!

NIGE.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12