+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi everybody!

I'm Steve.

Default Hi everybody!

Hey hey everybody,

So, where do I start? Well, I'm in my early 20's and already have an unhealthy obsession with audioa and upgrading, hence my signing up to this glorious forum and not looking for a job! My system so far is as follows:

Project Debut III with rewired tonearm.
    Lightly-modded Sony PS1.
    Orelle SA-100.
    Cambridge Audio 640P Phono Stage.
    Rogers JR149.
    DNM Reson & Merlin Chopin.

On this, I'm looking for a new amplifier for around £2,000 that will work with the glorious JR149's. Has anyone had any experience with the two? I think I've seen that Jerry had used some LS3/5a's before...?

My musical tastes are quite far-ranging, and since I've got the system sounding pretty good, it has become even more so. I particularly enjoy all kinds of metal, punk, jazz, some (intelligent) dance, The Beatles (a culture unto themselves) blah blah blah, etc, etc....

See you around the forums!
    Steve

I'm Neil.

Hi Steve

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your time with us.

Some photos of your set up would be nice...you can place those in the gallery.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm Steve.

Yep, no problem. Will be done by tomorrow
    Steve

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Welcome Steve, you seem to have sussed how this all works so have fun!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Steve.

I see that your admiration of the JR149 speakers extends to using a photo of the late Jim Rogers for your avatar.

Enjoy the forum.

Regards
    Barry

I'm David.

Welcome steve
    nice to see another more youthful member joining! Mostly old farts, but you will get use to thier ways
    I know what you mean when you say that you have got into more music since getting a good hifi! I know loads of people that dismis that saying if you like it, you like it! I think listening to music through a crap system is like looking at a painting through glasses that make your eyes blured ... It's much less likely to be apreiciated how it was intended!
    Anyway enjoy the forum, there's some pretty knoledgeable people round these parts!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

+ Reply to Thread