+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AV connection question

I'm bob.

Default AV connection question

Hi -

I have a Bluray player, a TV, a stereo amplifier, and have just been given a Fiio D3 DAC.

Currently the BDP/TV is attached using HDMI, and we generally listen through the TV speakers, (which are good for a TV.)

The BDP is also attached to the amp with RCAs, but there is a slight delay which means it is all out of sync. This is fine for a livecast of the Berlin Philharmonic, but useless for watching films, etc.

I was wondering how best to use the Fiio D3.

Would I be right in thinking that if I attach the TV "DIGITAL AUDIO OUT" socket to the D3>amp, that this will enable me to listen to the BDP output properly in sync etc etc as it will be attached via the HDMI?

The D3 has "SET THE TV TO PCM OUTPUT" written on the box. I haven't looked in to what this means yet.

Ideally what we would like is to be able to listen to the TV/BDP through the stereo sometimes, with minimum fuss switching between TV/amp. (i.e. I don't want to have to be going through menus every time I want to change between the TV/amp sound)

BDP is a Sony BDP-S790
    TV is Loewe Individual Compose 32 Sound

I have yet to buy a cable for the D3, but am thinking just a cheap TOSLINK is all I need.

Thanks

R

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by rdpx View Post
    Hi -

I have a Bluray player, a TV, a stereo amplifier, and have just been given a Fiio D3 DAC.

Currently the BDP/TV is attached using HDMI, and we generally listen through the TV speakers, (which are good for a TV.)

The BDP is also attached to the amp with RCAs, but there is a slight delay which means it is all out of sync. This is fine for a livecast of the Berlin Philharmonic, but useless for watching films, etc.

I was wondering how best to use the Fiio D3.

Would I be right in thinking that if I attach the TV "DIGITAL AUDIO OUT" socket to the D3>amp, that this will enable me to listen to the BDP output properly in sync etc etc as it will be attached via the HDMI?

The D3 has "SET THE TV TO PCM OUTPUT" written on the box. I haven't looked in to what this means yet.

Ideally what we would like is to be able to listen to the TV/BDP through the stereo sometimes, with minimum fuss switching between TV/amp. (i.e. I don't want to have to be going through menus every time I want to change between the TV/amp sound)

BDP is a Sony BDP-S790
    TV is Loewe Individual Compose 32 Sound

I have yet to buy a cable for the D3, but am thinking just a cheap TOSLINK is all I need.

Thanks

R
    yes, that would be your best option. And any cheap £5 TOSLINK would do

I'm bob.

Quote Originally Posted by rikardo1979 View Post
    yes, that would be your best option. And any cheap £5 TOSLINK would do
    ta.

looking closely it seems there is no toslink on the tv, so just need a bogstandard rca...

nearly there...

R
    Last edited by rdpx; 20-04-2016 at 01:09.

+ Reply to Thread