Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Getting the best sound quality from a Raspberry Pi

I'm Richard.

OK; thanks. The Rp2 is the one I have.

BW

Bonky
    My Gear:
    Source component/s:
    Cambridge CXC Cd player; Inspire Apollo deck + Roksan Nima arm + Ortofon 2M Black; Denon TU-580RD tuner; Logitech Squeezebox Touch. Rpi with Volumio. RME DAC.

Amplification: WD KEL84+ valve amp; Rega Brio, Quad 306 (DADA modded, - in reserve)). Trichord Dino2 & Dino+ PS;

Wiim mini, Wiim Pro, Wiim ProPlus streamers

Loudspeakers:
    Living Voice Auditorium IBX-R2.
    Q Acoustics 2010 in the 'study'.

Cables/stands: Chords; Van Dammes 4mm

Any other hi-fi bits:
    Apple MacMini Pro; Senn HD598, 467,
    Linear PSs for Rpi and DAC. Pure mains conditioning.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by rikardo1979 View Post
    RPi 2 should be better as have no WiFi and BT on board

OP2
    That's not a reason for it to sound worse... People should compare the two & I highly doubt there'll be any difference.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Alastair.

Default WiFi or Not

There were similar arguments with the Squeezebox Touch. To be honest I could not tell the difference between WiFi and LAN on that either.

I have run RPi1 via LAN (USB output) and RPi3 via LAN and WiFi (SPDIF output via Digi+). In both cases I stream from a NAS. I cannot detect a difference between WiFi and LAN. You can also disable the Bluetooth in the RPi3, if you so wish. The WiFi on the RPi3 is very solid (and more stable than a WiFi bridge I had previously in the same location).

I run picore player and the RPi3 is powered by Li ion battery, which I suspect makes the most difference of all, as it did with the SBT.
    Cheers

Alastair

RPI4/PI2AES running PiCorePlayer/LMS-> AQ Carbon AES -> Topping D90 DAC-> Khozomo Passive Pre-Amp -> 4x Temple Audio Monoblocks powered by 2xLiFePO batteries->Van Damme Black Bi-Wired to B&W 804 Nautilus and Sommer Carbokab 225 Interconnects

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123