+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: cat + unstable turntable = broken cartridge + very scratched album + very sad hamish

Smile

No problem! I'm in all day. 1.2, wow didn't know one existed! And yes the f/1.4 is the very new one, looks tiny on the D700. The 1.4 lets in 4x more light than the 2.8, quite a revelation for me.

Dave

I'm David.

And the fact that you can shoot with the d700 at 1600 - 3200 without compromising the quality too much... It really opens up a lot of possibility!
    Have you seen the new d3s? 102400 max iso! I'm not usually a spec junky... But that's impresive! It will prob be pretty poor at that level like the d3/700 is at 25600 but if it relative then it could mean the d3s is happily useable at 12800.. And that, frankly is very impressive! That's Speculation of course, but you get my point I'm sure?!
    Anyway ... You might find this interesting http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...kor/index6.htm
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Hard luck Hamish, nasty! Make sure you check your household insurance exclusions though, in the past they used to exclude pet damage.

https://www.petplanet.co.uk/news_art...article_id=979

If you have accidental damage cover, and tripped over and fell on the turntable, something like that would be covered, of course...
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Cool

Hi Hamish

Well, well! A f/1.2!! I took the D700 and f/1.4 into a social gathering the other day. The lens is so small that it passed off as a consumer camera and produced some outstanding casual shots.

Low noise in social surroundings with no flash is why I upgraded to the D700, I was going to wait for D3 to come down in price and get a second hand body, but now everything has changed, I'll wait for the D3S to become second hand, 2+ more years perhaps?

Regards

Dave

I'm David.

Dave, great minds think alike! I have been using my d3 with 50mm in the odd social gathering etc just the last few weeks! It is a little harder to get away with as a consumer camera, but fortunatly most of my mates let me off! There was an "oxjam" music festival thing in Worcester the other week, I got some great shots of some of the musicians! It really nice to use after getting used to it with my flash/massive difuser and big 24-70
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Ralph.

Hi Hamish

Before you claim make doubly sure just what you are covered for. Don't forget to check on any no-claims on your cover because you stand a good chance on losing it next year. If I were you I'd claim for the whole t/t, send them that picture and say look, the arm is bent and the headshell/cartridge broke clean off, not that I'm encouraging you to make any fraudulent claims, no, no, never, ever, really, honest

Smile

When my house got struck by lightening a few years ago, I made a large claim. They offered half and said we could send in a loss adjuster. I said "bring it on". The guy came in, said "that's an expensive film scanner, wouldn't you be better of with a new digital SLR", and hence my D100 came into the house.

Dave

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Despite every fibre in my body telling me to make a comment about this, I am going to resist the temptation.
    Yup! Eat more fibre; it's good for you. Then you'll be able to resist anything except temptation.

HAMISH. Every contents policy I've had has included accidental damage to AV kit (TV + audio). Your excess is probably only £50, and I've never heard of an 'accidental damage excluding cats' clause. Must admit that I didn't know that these buildings/contents policies came with n.c.b.s, though.

However, generally, any claim up to around £1000 is rarely investigated (i.e. loss adjusters), but it does help to produce receipts if you can. Good luck.

Cats are very musical creatures, I've found, and they love bass!

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

They love watching the labels rotating on a spinning LP too......
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm notAlone.

They love warm places... the hifi corner is always warmer...
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast