+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cartridge Upgrade Recommendations

I'm Kostas.

Thaks for all the interesting replies! I'll take some time to study your comments and let you know which way I'll go.

Paul, this 1:2 step up you are saying, does it mean I need a separate phono stage to use this cartridge? Because I am currently using
    the integrated mm phono of my marantz pm6005.

Michael, I am thinking of going for a phono stage as well at some point but the previous owner of my current tt
    suggested I should change the cartridge because it of its wear and low quality as he said.
    Marantz PM 6005, Technics SL 1200 MK II, Q Acoustics 2020i

I'm Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff.

Quote Originally Posted by ktsimikos View Post
    Thaks for all the interesting replies! I'll take some time to study your comments and let you know which way I'll go.

Paul, this 1:2 step up you are saying, does it mean I need a separate phono stage to use this cartridge? Because I am currently using
    the integrated mm phono of my marantz pm6005.

Michael, I am thinking of going for a phono stage as well at some point but the previous owner of my current tt
    suggested I should change the cartridge because it of its wear and low quality as he said.
    You'll need a step up, or separate phono stage to use a Low Output Moving Coil, High Output MC's can be used through the Marantz internal MM unit.

Ah fair enough if it needs changing, it needs changing. Read some forum reviews about the carts been mentioned, all of which will be a step up for you, your welcome to pop over and bring your amp to hear a Nagaoka sometime.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123