+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Rega Planar 3 turntable now on demonstration and in stock at Radlett Audio

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by cjm123 View Post
    As I don't have many records anymore I couldn't justify the investment in my deck so recently decided to downsize from my LP12 Majik and try one of these new fangled Rega Planar 3s from Dave W and have to say I am impressed by it. I was worried it would make listening to vinyl a chore but far from it. I was not sure what cartridge to fit so in the interim I just put a Rega Carbon on it and it sounds surprisingly enjoyable . I then tried a Shure M97xe which was a bit more refined but seemed to lack a little in the PRAT department so I have reverted to the Carbon for now!

I have had a number of Rega decks and this new Planar 3 is acoustically much quieter in operation, the bearings on the RB330 are noticeably better to the touch and in balancing the arm out, it sounds fast dynamic and clean with pretty well extended frequency extremes and is finished to a much higher standard than before...it even looks good in gloss black so what's not to like?

As always my thanks for great service and support from Dave, Oh and before I am accused of shilling I should say I am just a happy customer
    no need for that. your perfectly right to flag good service/product
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Deleted.

Rega are my 'go to' recommendation for friends wanting to get into vinyl (I get asked quite often these days). Also Dave is a great guy to deal with.
    Account Deleted

I'm Peter.

Heard one the other week, and was rather taken ... nice and lively.
    Adding the power supply upgrade made a proper difference, too.
    It's also available in red, which 'in the flesh' is surprisingly tasteful.
    As always with Rega, stonking value

I'm Dave.

Thanks lads for the support..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123