+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Rega Planar 3 turntable now on demonstration and in stock at Radlett Audio

I really like the aesthetics of that deck and Rega are likely to have a major winner on their hands IMO. Priced similarly to the previous RP3, it looks HUGELY better owing to the gloss plinth finish and metal arm brace. The finish of the RP3 was comparatively disappointing IMO. The only trick they may have missed is not offering the plinths in some other colours - the green and red. If they did it in green I'd probably have a punt.

Nice one :-)

Phil

I'm Dave.

It is also available in Gloss White.

Sorry Dave, yes, knew it was available in white too. Although I have not seen one in the flesh it appears to have the looks of the RP6 but the price of the RP3. If it sounds as good as it looks it will obviously be a huge success.

Rega have also got involved in Record Store Day in recent years with special model RP1s, etc. They obviously know what they are doing.

I'm Dave.

Rega have further pursued their light and rigid approach with the new Planar-3, making the outgoing RP3 feel positively heavyweight. The new platter against the gloss black makes it look brighter and the lid looks more transparent. It's attracted a lot of interest.

Rega do know what they are doing, furrowing their own path whilst others attempt to copy.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Tim, you keep threatening to come over. You are welcome any time.
    You know I'm in China now? And you still have an invite to that music BBQ in Suffolk in July. 2 live artists playing and lots of other music, maybe even the odd beet

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Chris.

Dave,

How would you characterise the difference in the sound between the new P3 and the old RP3?

cheers

Chris

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    You know I'm in China now? And you still have an invite to that music BBQ in Suffolk in July. 2 live artists playing and lots of other music, maybe even the odd beet

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk
    Bloody heck, you get around. It's as much as I can stand, going to Tenerife. Have a good time.

I'm Dave.

Chris.

Nothing major, just slightly cleaner, slightly more dynamic and more of the Rega boogie factor. The finish is even better than ever and everyone has commented on how neat and smart it looks. I had a chap in today who bought a (more expensive) Project a few weeks ago, who has now ordered a Planar-3..

I'm Chris.

Thanks Dave!

Chris

I'm Chris.

As I don't have many records anymore I couldn't justify the investment in my deck so recently decided to downsize from my LP12 Majik and try one of these new fangled Rega Planar 3s from Dave W and have to say I am impressed by it. I was worried it would make listening to vinyl a chore but far from it. I was not sure what cartridge to fit so in the interim I just put a Rega Carbon on it and it sounds surprisingly enjoyable . I then tried a Shure M97xe which was a bit more refined but seemed to lack a little in the PRAT department so I have reverted to the Carbon for now!

I have had a number of Rega decks and this new Planar 3 is acoustically much quieter in operation, the bearings on the RB330 are noticeably better to the touch and in balancing the arm out, it sounds fast dynamic and clean with pretty well extended frequency extremes and is finished to a much higher standard than before...it even looks good in gloss black so what's not to like?

As always my thanks for great service and support from Dave, Oh and before I am accused of shilling I should say I am just a happy customer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast