+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stereo/Mediabench DIY

I'm Johan.

Default Stereo/Mediabench DIY

I have been looking around for a good looking mediabench for a while now and they are either not in my style or too expensive. So now i'm thinking of building my own.
    Would love to see other peoples home-made benches or links to something i should copy. Right now i'm pretty interrested in the UNNU (denmark made). Pretty basic but costs alot, should not be a problem to build my own.
    http://www.unnu.nu/
    On the UNNU the doors are in fabric so you can hide away small speakers and all the IR-signals get trough to your amplifier.

I'm Richard.

I made my AV unit about 7 years ago

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gal...&folderid=3970

Nothing special but I was limited by material available ...
    And I made the doors with fabric so it has a good air circulation and IR go through

I'm Johan.

Turned out great! Looks very solid!
    I'm thinking of having mine wall-mounted but I have not figured out how yet.
    160cm wide, probably 19mm MDF. That should make it solid enough to handle the weight from all the equipment but I'm not sure the wall will

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sjobbe View Post
    Turned out great! Looks very solid!
    I'm thinking of having mine wall-mounted but I have not figured out how yet.
    160cm wide, probably 19mm MDF. That should make it solid enough to handle the weight from all the equipment but I'm not sure the wall will
    to hang it on the wall with all the gear fitted in... it would required some very good construction

+ Reply to Thread