Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Advice please;Integrated,preamp+power, ..?

I'm Richard.

I have quickly search and find strange rules and regulations how to use or do not use NVA products?!?....
    So I better stay away from such stuff. I want to enjoy what ever I buy and I dont want anyone to coming to my house to do inspection if I have not moved my amp or cable!?!
    Thats just ridiculous

I'm Neil.

It's simple really with NVA products:

1. Always use low capacitance speaker cable if using their amps
    2. Never ever plug and plug anything in when the system is on
    3. Make sure that your interconnects and speaker cables are properly plugged in

...that's it really. They just don't respond well to user error, but otherwise are very reliable products.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by rikardo1979 View Post
    I have quickly search and find strange rules and regulations how to use or do not use NVA products?!?....
    So I better stay away from such stuff. I want to enjoy what ever I buy and I dont want anyone to coming to my house to do inspection if I have not moved my amp or cable!?!
    Thats just ridiculous
    I'm not sure what you mean by the second sentence but NVA amplifiers are definitely worth any perceived inconvenience of using their speaker cables in my opinion/experience. I was almost put off trying an AP20 because of the warranty conditions related to the cables, I'm glad I went ahead because I am finding my AP20 to be excellent. I think it sounds much better than the any other amplifier that I had heard up to that point, including more expensive and/or highly respected amps. My interest was piqued after hearing Rich B's A40s at NEBO 6.

It seems rather strange to build a system around your Chord Epic Twin speaker cables. Who knows, you may prefer the NVA speaker cables, they are highly regarded by some in non NVA systems as well.
    Paul

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by rossman View Post

It seems rather strange to build a system around your Chord Epic Twin speaker cables. Who knows, you may prefer the NVA speaker cables, they are highly regarded by some in non NVA systems as well.
    I dont, but I just bought that pair few weeks back. I am not going to spend another money just cos some system requires specific MUST cables. I have no funds for this.

And the rules and regulations of using their stuff is just to strict and no go for me, sorry

Just few from the site which can not be mentioned
    Do not twist, bundle, tie wrap, or run in tubes together any NVA speaker cables. If you do and they are used with NVA amps it will invalidate the amp guarantee.
    NVA speaker cables must NOT!!!! be....
    So maybe I can not have their amp in certain hight or distance or under fluorescent light....or...thank you but no this is just to much

There are other products to choose from. If better or not that is other question

I'm Richard.

I may have some Copland CTA 405 for good money. Anyone have listened to this amp? How would it compare to for example Naim Supernait or Naim Nair XS 2?

Shame I can not listen to it on our speakers but I remember listen to it with Sonus Faber speakers. Not a proper listening session that was.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123