+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A little system to play with for a week or so...

I'm Brian.

Thanks Dan . Filed for future reference
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Dan.

No worries...

It may be up for sale again soon if the MA A100 amp is as good as it's reviews, I'll let you know if that's the case
    Bigger than you...

My Office : 2021 M1 MacBook Air > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via iTunes & internet > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > SMSL SA50 integrated > AE109 speakers - QED cables

I'm Brian.

The MA amp has been on my radar too Dan , it gets very good reviews so I'd be interested on your opinion of it .

TBH with you the Young DAC which I recently bought 2nd hand has proved to be a big upgrade and is all the DAC I'll ever need for the foreseeable future .
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm gone.

Thanks for putting up the pics, Dan - the Amptastic looks right at home.

I am looking forward to your thoughts on it vs the MA A100.

I'm Dan.

No worries Jerry

I'm looking forward to getting the MA A100 and BX1 speakers too; but with MyHermes being as shit as they are (don't understand why people use them still); looks like I won't have those bits until Monday now
    Bigger than you...

My Office : 2021 M1 MacBook Air > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via iTunes & internet > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > SMSL SA50 integrated > AE109 speakers - QED cables

I'm Dan.

One thing I will say re a little change I've just done with speaker cables (waiting for the 'cables don't make any difference etc) is I've gone from some QED Silver Anniversary to some QED Original cable and it's calmed the top end down!

The treble was a little 'bitey' at times, made my eyes water a bit with some stuff, but the good ole' original cable has backed that off
    Bigger than you...

I'm Dan.

Another update on this little system...

The Monitor Audio A100 integrated amp landed with me as well as a nice little pair of on itor Audio BX1 speakers...

Very, very good IMO! The amp really has some clout about it, but it has overall better control of the BX1's than the Amptastic amp does, but the Amptastic amp makes the little Q's sound better than the A100; just seems to suit their tonal balance better overall! The A100, for me & for my needs, is a better suited amp and will work well for my desktop system.

Colter Wall's rolling voice is blasting out nice currently If you haven't heard his stuff, I'd highly recommend it!

Bigger than you...

I'm keith.

Id be interested in how the MA 100 sounds with the BX1's. I was thinking of that when they came out as i had some BR2's at the time, currently got the BX5 but interested how a monitor audio amp matches with their own speakers.

edit: probably should have noticed there was a second page to this thread answering my question lol

I'm Dan.

Haha...

Well, they sound great! You'd always expect speakers/amps of the same company to work well together and these do
    Bigger than you...

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by hifilover View Post
    One thing I will say re a little change I've just done with speaker cables (waiting for the 'cables don't make any difference etc) is I've gone from some QED Silver Anniversary to some QED Original cable and it's calmed the top end down!

The treble was a little 'bitey' at times, made my eyes water a bit with some stuff, but the good ole' original cable has backed that off
    That seems to be what everyone finds with the QED SA. It's an odd one.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast