+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible issue with some Wharfedale W4 Loudspeakers

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman91 View Post
    Guys been offered a pair of these local for a sensible price i may have to wait to payday for they seen very good value to add to the collection...

Watch this space...
    I'd not pay a fortune for those Dan. You'll find the sound somewhat 'vintage' and the power handling will not be great, but that is offset to an extent by the high efficiency.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I'd not pay a fortune for those Dan. You'll find the sound somewhat 'vintage' and the power handling will not be great, but that is offset to an extent by the high efficiency.
    Their 100 - Maybe worth a try....
    Main System: Pioneer SA-6300 Amplifier & Musical Fidelity E50 Tuner & Pioneer PD S505 Precision CD Player & Wharfedale Dovedale III + Linn Interconnects & Van Den Hul The Wind hybrid Speaker Cable
    Vinyl -
    Rega Planer 2 with Rega Britain Green 250 Tonearm & Upgraded Van Den Hul Oil Bearing & Ortofon Super OM-10 & Technics SL D21 DD Drive TT - P24 Cartridge

Second System:
    Technics - SU-C909U Pre-Amplifier & SE-A909S Power Amplifier & Technics ST-GT 1000 Tuner & Pioneer PDS 505 Precision player & Thorens TD-125 MK1 Turntable & SME 3009 Series 1 & Shure V15 Type II Cartridge & SME 2000 Plinth & Celestion A compact Speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12