+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interconnect

I'm James.

Ooh ,ta,if I need to replace valves ,is it expensive?
    Last edited by Pieoftheday; 03-04-2016 at 19:08.
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Ooh ,ta,if I need to replace valves ,is it expensive?
    No. About £20 if I recall. I bought a dodgy set. That's why I have one with 'issues'. Nowt wrong with it otherwise, but as the other one is fine. I've not bothered to buy decent new valves.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

My one has the fancy mu vista valve in it. has to be soldered in, but lasts for a very long time and doubt I will wear mine out. You can also get an upgrade kit
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

I've reintroduced my LiTe nos DAC today,I like what I'm hearing so the buffer is ont back burner and I'm going to spend the money on having my quad 306 serviced
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Afternoon all, in the next couple of weeks I may purchase a tube buffer, is it best to use the same interconnects in and out? I have one of Brian's excellent klotz hobbies and also a mark grant one ,thanks in advance, Jim
    If you are buffering and looking at interconnects then perhaps a speaker or amp change would be of more benefit? Source amp and speakers have most of the influence from there it is fine tuning.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    If you are buffering and looking at interconnects then perhaps a speaker or amp change would be of more benefit? Source amp and speakers have most of the influence from there it is fine tuning.
    Hi Neil, i was just wondered if it was best to use the same type of interconnect to and from the buffer. I did end up with a yaqin sd-cd3 buffer and another pair of Geoff's klotz mc5000, I'm very happy with my set up at the moment

I'm Neil.

I really wouldn't worry about the interconnects, aside from keeping them short, makes sense to use the same interconnects on the input and output.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12