+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For Sale - My GL75 Project

I'm Graham.

Default SOLD - My GL75 Project

NOW SOLD PENDING FUNDS AND COLLECTION

Following a recent downturn in my health I know that I'm going to be able to finish this project so here go's I would prefer collection from DN21 1JE but I do have suitable packaging to post via Yodel

PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THERE IS 4% BUILT INTO THE PRICES FOR PP FEES - CASH OR BANK TRANSFER WILL GET A 4% DISCOUNT

1. A dismantled Lenco GL75. All the parts are complete and the base plate has been professionally re-sprayed in a very fetching red. The motor is mounted and runs smooth and quiet. It's been rewired with shielded cable. I have overhauled the spindle assembly and it's ready to be fitted. The arm hole has been rounded and drilled to suit the Alphason arm that I'm selling but it will also suit most Linn arms so I'm told. All the required parts are complete and it's ready for assembly.
    Looking for £180 plus postage paypal accepted but would prefer cash into bank or cash on collection (UK POSTAGE ONLY)

2. Brand new never used custom piano black GL75 plinth. The plate fits perfectly. The feet seen are not included as they are going on my new 401 custom plinth.
    it's made from some sort of mdf composite material and is really well made.
    Looking for £140 plus postage same terms as above

3. Alphason HR-100S tone arm. Bought to drop straight in the GL75 without much messing. I believe these are highly regarded and to add to it's worth - it's still in the box having been to johhnie at audio origami - he gave it a once over and states that it is an early model and the bearings are in great shape. He's worked his magic and fitted new head wires and upgraded rca cables. Not been out of the box since returned from him
    Looking for £480 plus postage (RM Special delivery) same terms as above.

Please be aware that I will not be bumping these often as they will be off to ebay as I need to get rid before I start some intensive medical treatment. Also, as an added incentive for anyone who want's to collect, I have loads of spares that they can have FOC including another original top plate, motor and spindle assembly along with all the other bits that were removed. probably enough to build another unit the only thing is no tone arm.
    Last edited by Tom-Brown; 06-04-2016 at 14:16. Reason: SOLD
    "An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools" Ernest Hemingway

Set-Up (So Far) Garrard 401 with Rega 300 arm & Black 2M, Longdog Audio twin valve dual input phono, Denon DVD 2500 Transport all through Creek Destiny Mk1 integrated amp into Rega RS3 Floor standers

I'm Graham.

Wow - didn't last a day on 1st page Back up then off to fleabay!!!
    "An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools" Ernest Hemingway

Set-Up (So Far) Garrard 401 with Rega 300 arm & Black 2M, Longdog Audio twin valve dual input phono, Denon DVD 2500 Transport all through Creek Destiny Mk1 integrated amp into Rega RS3 Floor standers

I'm David.

where did the plinth come from?

I'm Grant.

Lovely work... A super project to put together for someone....not much beats a well fettled 75 in anywhere near the pricerange
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Graham.

Cheers guy's - the lucky new owner will be collecting tomorrow The plinth was made in Lithuania a real bit of workmanship - even the guy who is making my new 401 plinth was impressed with it and said he'd be hard pushed to make it for that kind of money!!

+ Reply to Thread