Guys,

As you will no doubt be aware from the current on-going discussion, I have proposed a test for the above and it has been suggested to hold the event at AVI HQ in Nailsworth. I presume that Ashley will be providing the necessary refreshments on the day

What I'm looking for is a list of volunteers to judge the outcome of the event. I will be bringing my Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 CDP to represent the 'traditional' side of hi-fi, and Tony Sallis of Coherent Systems will also be providing some alternative equipment together with a full measurement suite. Ashley and JC will be comparing it to a Mac Book, and other computer sources, in an AVI system featuring ADM9s.

Therefore could you please put your name forward if you would like to attend the event as one of the panel of judges and suggest a possible date for it to take place? I myself will not be able to participate until sometime next month, so suggested dates in May are what we're looking for. A detailed report of the event and its outcome, including pictures, will be reported on the forum. We would ask that all judges are prepared to do their own individual write-up of the event including their opinions of the outcome, and participate as far as necessary in the subsequent discussion of the event on the forum.

If anyone would like to discuss further details of the event and the plan of action for the day, or if you have any queries or suggestions, please post them here. Ashley and myself will then collate the information, work out a schedule, and admin will inform all members of the final details for the event in due course.

Thank you.

Marco.