+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Burn-In - Forum Members Experience

I'm Kjell.

My first "Holy Sh*it" experience on this matter was with a pair of JBL 4312`s. Out of the box they sounded like tin cans, large tin cans that is. I let them play for 4-6 hours and went about mye other doings. Later when I went up the stairs to mye listening space I immediately felt this weird sensation. Something had loosened up and the JBL-sound I expected were more prominent. I skipped to the previous tracks I first started out with, and wow! I was quite amazed how much better they sounded! They played all night long, and the soundstage changed for the better! I never thought a set of speakers would change so much in so little time though!

I did notice something along the same lines with my 3419, but they sounded amazing out of the box! They did have that huge leap of change as the 4312 though.
    Sony TA-F830ES - Sony CDP-X707ES - Technics SL-1210MK2 w.Ortofon 2M Black - ASR Mini Basis MKIII - Hegel HD11 - JBL 4319 - Blue Jeans Cable - Project Ground-it Deluxe

danilo Guest

Really?
    Never.. Ever.. heard an interminable /prolonged burn-in on the Tin Foil caps I experimented with.
    Hours ? erm OK.. a couple of Weeks ?..maybe / arguably :-)
    But longer? Not on my planet
    In truth I also didn't think they lived up to their Brochure Babble hype either.
    Not that that matters.
    Brain sensory/adaptation however, Is a proven phenomena.
    Clearly, audio beliefs like everywhere else .. are not universal.
    The taking umbrage bit, seems as odd reaction

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314