+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie on the Block

I'm Adam.

Post Newbie on the Block

Hi New to AOS forum, very interesting information resource it looks too.
    Looking forward to contributing as much as possible..
    Music Is Jazzy, From Miles to….well all the way back to Miles!
    Cheers
    Best

Lp12,Kore, Roksan Nima, DV xx2MK2, Lingo, Linto, WDKT88, Kudos C2s, BlueSound Node2, Synology Nas, AudioLab M Dac.

I'm Grant.

Welcome Adam... Theres been a little mention of bluesound here i think so you may be able to add to that with your experience..
    Anyways i digress....hope you enjoy the forum
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Hello Adam. Welcome to AOS.

Yes. There is a huge amount of Hi-Fi data here and a vast pool of experience and knowledge from members.

If you have plans for your system we'd like to hear about them. Please feel free to join in the chat.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Adam.

HI Grant, it's a very new addition to the rack the Bluesound node, Very Happy with it, sounds great to my lug holes.
    Although it makes you lazy and the temptation to skip tracks is a bit distracting!
    Also Not sure i have the Dac connected correctly though as i wanted to utilise the AudioLab Dac i already had,
    anyway they are all linked up but I'm not sure I'm bypassing the Bluesound's internal Dac at the moment.
    Not even sure bypassing the BS internal Dac to the AudioLAb Dac is of any real improvement anyhow. God Iv'e started!!

BTW Loving the profile Picture of Malcolm…God I adore the good Dr.

I'm Grant.

You must be or it wouldnt work. You cannot put an anologue signal into a digital to analogue convertor. Yes Mac was one of my favourites too. Very talented guy.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adam.

but the way I have them connected at the moment if I switch the External Dac off it still plays!

I have the BS node connected to the amp with normal interconnects and to the has box via USB > then I have the Dac connected to the BS Node via Optical
    from the BS node to RCA to the External dec >The External DAC is then connect via USB to the NAS also. I'm sure something is not correct.

I'm Grant.

Disconnect the analogue to the amp from the node and only have digi going to dac the dac to amp. Then you will know if its working through your external dac.
    You should only use 1 version anyways
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adam.

cheers Grant, i'll give it a spin.
    I'll predict the AudioLab Dac will be redundant..

I'm Dave.

Hi Adam, welcome to AOS. Enjoy the forum.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Adam.

Always good to welcome another 'jazzer'.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast