+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Portable amp

I'm Chris.

If you get one of the leads that takes the audio out of the dock connector of your ipod to a 3.5 stereo jack rather than the headphone socket - you'll find it sounds even better, something to do with bypassing the volume control (and the EU noise limiter in the software?!).
    Chris

I'm notAlone.

Quote Originally Posted by wobbleu View Post
    If you get one of the leads that takes the audio out of the dock connector of your ipod to a 3.5 stereo jack rather than the headphone socket - you'll find it sounds even better, something to do with bypassing the volume control (and the EU noise limiter in the software?!).
    It is bypassing the preamp stage, actually. The result is much better, indeed, because iPod's preamp is mediocre.
    The best is something like that : http://www.ibasso.com/en/products/show.asp?ID=38. All headphone amp users have one.
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Themis View Post
    It is bypassing the preamp stage, actually. The result is much better, indeed, because iPod's preamp is mediocre.
    The best is something like that : http://www.ibasso.com/en/products/show.asp?ID=38. All headphone amp users have one.
    Looks great at $15, so I was buying one, until they added shipping at $24!

Any other suggestions for something similar in the UK?
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm notAlone.

Dimitri.

George Orwell

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

So very nearly my hero Dimitri - but they're out of stock! Still, I can wait! Thank you!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm notAlone.

Dimitri.

George Orwell

Thanks Dimitri, I did find that one, but bought this one at half the price, postage included!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...T#ht_500wt_956
    Alex

I'm notAlone.

It's a steal at this price.
    Dimitri.

George Orwell

We shall see, it may be a steal if it never arrives!
    Alex

I'm Steven.

Do any of you Little Dot Micro+ owners know if it will benefit listening to a laptop source?

I just bought a Sony Vaio 15,5" laptop but (of course) the standard line out is too weak when watching dvd's. I now want to purchase a small headphone amp that I can bring along when travelling with mijn notebook and I am interested in de Littke Dot Micro+ which is reviewed well.

Most reviews though are of the LDM+/iPod combi hence my interest in a combo with a laptop.
    Yamaha - Pioneer - Bluesound - Squeezebox - Beresford - Chario - MJ Acoustics - iBasso

Yamaha RX-V1300 * Bluesound Node 2 * Pioneer DV-656A SACD/DVDA * Squeezebox Touch + BotW linear psu + SBooster * Bushmaster Mk2 + Beresford Dorado * Beresford Capella * Chario Syntar 200T (front) + Chario Syntar 200 (rear) + Chario Syntar Dialoque (center) * MJ Acoustics Pro50 (sub) * LG OLED 55C8 * iBasso D2+ * beyerdynamic DT990/250 * Belkin AV 53001 speaker cables * Mark Grant G1000HD ic * Silver High Breed ic * Mike Homar WBT'ed digital coax * Beresford TRC-222 digital coax * Supra USB * Beresford TC 3618 toslink

Steven

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast