+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bad rip?

I'm Grant.

Default bad rip?

is it possible to have ripped a cd, and to ave introduced a bit of distortion into low levels at certain freq. I ask as I re ripped a cd and it sounds much cleaner than on the first version.. Ive not actually come across this b4.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Simon.

Never heard of this before, surely it should be a bit perfect rip each time? Did you use a different ripping method or program?

I'm Grant.

Not sure what I used initially, but may have been EAC. this time I used JRiver21.
    It has always been an annoyance, so decided to try a fresh rip. It may just be me; hell you never know whats going on in this game
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

I had problems with ZZ Top's Deguello CD - at first it wouldn't play on the computer without making horrible distorted sounds.
    It was the same with rips. They sounded awful too.
    It sounded awful in the car too, which made me think that there was something wrong with the disc, and then on a final attempt to get it to play properly it just started behaving itself.

Tried it on the computer and it played just fine.
    Ripped it, and the rip sounded fine.
    Played it in the car and it sounded just fine (actually it sounded fahnnn - well they are from Texas ).
    The disc has played fine every time since (it's in the changer in the car right now), so I have no idea what was going on with the problems I initially encountered.

The problem has literally disappeared.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    is it possible to have ripped a cd, and to ave introduced a bit of distortion into low levels at certain freq. I ask as I re ripped a cd and it sounds much cleaner than on the first version.. Ive not actually come across this b4.
    Hi Grant, I use dBpoweramp and there are various types of rip one can perform, from 'Accurate Rip' (C2 re-rip, buffer flushing, CRC check etc), down to 'Direct Rip' (or something like that) which just rips it in a rough single pass.

However the 'Direct Rip' sounds shocking (worse than mp3), not just "a bit of distortion into low levels at certain freq.", to quote your post...
    Cheers, Will

I'm Grant.

Interesting.. I was wondering if the accurip had screwed it up?
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread