+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PiDAC and Rune Audio help - was up till 2:30am!

montesquieu Guest

Default PiDAC and Rune Audio help - was up till 2:30am!

I bought Duncan's PiDAC/RPi setup and finally rolled my sleeves up last night to get it going.

I'd had some success with my own RPi / Digi+ board which outputs SPDIF to the Audio Note DAC but wanted to compare the two before I stick the DAC setup in the study (where Dunc's little full-range speakers are doing a lovely job).

I simply couldn't get whatever software was on it (moode I think) to run with my 4TB Terrastation - it was timing out when I tried to point it at the dick, identical problems to what I had when I tried Volumio.

So I switched to Rune Audio which I had got working quite happily last year with the Digi+. However I can't remember what I did back then (some edit to the config file I think, in the Mac's simple text editor - I didn't have to go into any sort of command line edits) and there's no option to select the PiDAC when I go into settings. So I've now got Rune Audio 90%working, talking to MMOD on my phone and to the Terrastation - it says it's streaming - but there is no sound coming out of the analog outputs, as I can't select the PiDAC board.

Any ideas on how I get an option to select it?

I'm Grant.

Was the terrastation self powered. Not being so can cause that or could.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    I bought Duncan's PiDAC/RPi setup and finally rolled my sleeves up last night to get it going.

I'd had some success with my own RPi / Digi+ board which outputs SPDIF to the Audio Note DAC but wanted to compare the two before I stick the DAC setup in the study (where Dunc's little full-range speakers are doing a lovely job).

I simply couldn't get whatever software was on it (moode I think) to run with my 4TB Terrastation - it was timing out when I tried to point it at the dick, identical problems to what I had when I tried Volumio.

So I switched to Rune Audio which I had got working quite happily last year with the Digi+. However I can't remember what I did back then (some edit to the config file I think, in the Mac's simple text editor - I didn't have to go into any sort of command line edits) and there's no option to select the PiDAC when I go into settings. So I've now got Rune Audio 90%working, talking to MMOD on my phone and to the Terrastation - it says it's streaming - but there is no sound coming out of the analog outputs, as I can't select the PiDAC board.

Any ideas on how I get an option to select it?
    so what OS you have on your RPi?

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rikardo1979 View Post
    so what OS you have on your RPi?
    I cracked it - very simple, just remove a hash from the appropriate audio interface in the confix.txt file, this can be done directly before burning the image on the memory card. Rune has digi+ and PiDac so it's all working fine on both now. Phew! Now for some listening.

I've been using the integrated OS with the Rune Audio disk image, I don't want to bugger around in Linux. I have a Unix adminstrator's certificate (I was working with Sun kit at the time) from some time in the early 90 and the PTSD only recently subsided!

Maybe trying to fix this after a bottle of red that late in the evening was part of the problem!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    it was timing out when I tried to point it at the dick
    I've tried that too, never seems to work

+ Reply to Thread