+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help - Interconnects to test

I'm Rob.

Do you like the cable or more to the point what it does for your system? If so, what does it matter what other people think? If I said it was rubbish, would it then colour your view of whether you like it or not or whether it fits with your gear?

I have had dozens of commercial cables over the years and a lot that I have made myself. The last commercial cables I bought were years ago and the likes of Chord (Cobra) Precious Metals (don't know if it had a name) QED entry level and better and Cable Talk etc etc.

Initially you think it sounds better/different/better match? If I was asked now to identify a particular cable I wouldn't have a clue. Yes, I have become very cynical and if it transmits a signal and I hear music, then.......job done. With hindsight it was undoubtedly multiple episodes of that Hifi soap "The Emperors New Cables"! Watch it on catch-up in a few years time
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    Do you like the cable or more to the point what it does for your system? If so, what does it matter what other people think? If I said it was rubbish, would it then colour your view of whether you like it or not or whether it fits with your gear?

I have had dozens of commercial cables over the years and a lot that I have made myself. The last commercial cables I bought were years ago and the likes of Chord (Cobra) Precious Metals (don't know if it had a name) QED entry level and better and Cable Talk etc etc.

Initially you think it sounds better/different/better match? If I was asked now to identify a particular cable I wouldn't have a clue. Yes, I have become very cynical and if it transmits a signal and I hear music, then.......job done. With hindsight it was undoubtedly multiple episodes of that Hifi soap "The Emperors New Cables"! Watch it on catch-up in a few years time
    if they are not good I would throw it out and do not make same again...simple as that. I want someone who can test and give honest opinion regardless the price....
    Nothing else

I'm Kevin.

If you are happy with it, that is all that matters.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    If you are happy with it, that is all that matters.
    those are not for me thats why I would like to have opinion from people who knows stuff

I'm Grant.

Trust your own ears . If you think it does the business then they are likely good, BUT as you say, or imply, its good to get a second opinion.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

You sound like you are planning on selling them?
    Try a few different cables and do a comparison.

If you search the forum you will find that other people have already used this cable.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Carlos.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    If you search the forum you will find that other people have already used this cable.
    I have bee using the same cable (LoCap) & exactly the same plugs in my system for over a month now. I have been very happy with them. (pic below)

Mine are 55 p/F per metre, I am only using 0.4 metre - some people say short is good, but I have also read that slightly longer is needed (I have no idea), also I have been running them in one direction only (reading the cable text from source to amp).

Here are the details between the different Cap cables:
    Lo-Cap 55: 55 p/F per metre. Low capacitance figure gives low high frequency roll off
    Flat-Cap 90: 90 p/F per metre. Mid range capacitance figure gives average high frequency roll off
    Hi-Cap 125: 125 p/F per metre. Higher capacitance figure gives more high frequency roll off

I hope that helps a little Richard? I have not made up any Hi-Cap cables to test against (like Mark did), but I guess that any difference would be more apparent in the longer cables version that you have the 3 metre one (does that make sense?)
    It would be useful to know what lengths of LoCap & HiCap Mark (YNWaN) tested before.

I am currently trying to make up a different set of interconnects with a 'new' style of cable, I will be able post a thread in a few weeks (I am away from home for a while)
    My ears aren't great for very subtle changes & short test periods, so I am going to try something completely different next, for my interconnects.
    Last edited by Carlos-UK-2016; 31-03-2016 at 13:07.

I'm Deleted.

Default Help - Interconnects to test

I used one metre lengths. These are the ones I made:

Low capacitance one on the left and high cap on the right.
    Last edited by YNWaN; 01-04-2016 at 09:03.
    Account Deleted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12