+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Margarine or Butter

I'm Ralph.

All this Omega stuff is confusing as well. Apparently the omega fats derived from vegetable oils are not good, the body needs the omega fatty acids derived from fish oils which are chemically different and metabolised differently, allegedly,

I'm David.

its like bloody shampoo in my books.. at least i fob all this crap off in the same way i do the nonsence about panten "pro-v" etc
    its the same as the anti wrinkle creams! these adverts on the tv always say at the bottom "72% of women agree" when they are talking about how it gets rid of wrinkles... its all shite! if it works then 100% of women would "agree"! i saw a documentary about it, which to be fair i took with as much a pinch of salt as i do the claims... it was very interesting though, they went to a place where they develop these creams and spoke to the scientists, they then showed the footage to a skin expert who said that the claims were technically imposible! you end up wondering who the hell can you trust?!?
    these days i put almost all scientific claims about all health foods in the category of marketing bullshit
    what get me is that its the same with almost everthing that is available in shops! i am constantly explaining to people in the shop that comparing tv's by there spec is pointless "1,000,000:1 contrast ratio" or "neo pdp panel" its all shite! buy the tv that you like the picture of! people come in and ask me whats better lcd or plasma... LOOK AT THE BLOODY TV AND DECIDE YOUR SELF!! i prefer plasma my slef - the picture is more natural looking ... but its still just an opinion!
    the worrying thing is a plasme tv is unlikely to do us any harm with marketing bull crap... its much harder to make an informed decision about foods! especially when even these tv programs that tell us what is bad cant make there mind up!! one minute sugar is bad then salt is the killer.. but no actually its this one type of suger thats bad, so just eat fruit!... but no fruit is bad the acid and suger rots your teeth... just eat vitamin pills then?? we cant eat anything else!... no they are bad to!... vitamin pills bad???? how can that be?? ... i just eat what the fuck i like when i like! lifes to short for all that bullshit!!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Steve.

Fake or not, matters not a jot to me as I do neat eat dairy products. Plus, it looks and smells disgusting.
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

I'm Jason.

Butter every time. Unsalted, natch. I can't think of the last time I bought any other type of spread.

I only use olive oil for cooking too.

Dunno if it's worse for me; my homespun logic says no - as long as it's in moderation. And besides, as someone said to me a few days ago...

'Never trade one of life's pleasures for an extra year dribbling to yourself in a care home'

I liked that.

Jason
    ----------------------
    Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do - you'll be a mile away. And have his shoes.

Wavy grooves go thru a RigB 540ML on an SL1500C. Digits stream from a cheapie CDP and a Sonos, into a Yamaha 803D driving Kralk Audio little 'uns. I used to have a Linn but I'm better now.

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason P View Post

'Never trade one of life's pleasures for an extra year dribbling to yourself in a care home'

I liked that.

Jason
    Right on!! Life is about experience not longevity!! But I would say that I'm only 26!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    Right on!! Life is about experience not longevity!! But I would say that I'm only 26!
    Or to put it another way: "it's all about the quality of life rather than the quantity".

Or, as was written above the Parthenon in Athens: " Know thyself and everything in moderation".

Thus speaketh someone who has drunk 8.5 units of alcohol today!

Regards
    Barry

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by barry.d.hunt View Post
    Thus speaketh someone who has drunk 8.5 units of alcohol today!
    That's very restrained of you Barry, after you told us you were down the pub at lunchtime - I'd be on at least double-figures by now if I hadn't only started at 8.00pm!
    Last edited by Alex_UK; 06-11-2009 at 23:59.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm David.

im slumped on the sofa with a can of guiness wachingrbbie williams live after johnathon ross. im sure i must have had a good few units now

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Apologies to the OP for thread drift, but I can't stand Robbie Williams, so it's ITV for me - how fit was Michelle Pfeiffer back in 1987 when they made Witches of Eastwick? Yummy!
    Last edited by Alex_UK; 07-11-2009 at 00:31.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm David.

i dont like robbie w either.. it was just on and i couldnt be botherd to change it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast