+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flaming E-Bay

I'm Nobody.

Default Flaming E-Bay

Can someone please enlighten me with something.

I bougt a turntable from a seller on E-Bay..Sorted it all out with packing instructions.

1..The E-Bay checkout was altered for it to come to my work place, instead of home
    2..The pay-pal payment was also altered to the work place address .

Checking the tracking the courior service state that no one was in & card was left! Immediatly i got the angry head on as they have habbit of claiming this when they are out of time...

I've just double checked both the Pay-pal & E-Bay checkouts & sure as hell they both state my work address & also state confirmation.

SO HOW THEN DID THE SELLER MANAGE TO POST IT TO MY HOME ADDRESS?
    Last edited by Rare Bird; 05-11-2009 at 18:03. Reason: Spelling

I'm notAlone.

It happened to me recently.
    Obviously they lied (about their having left the card) they did that to me the other day. Then, after having checked their delivery records on same person/city they delivered it to my wife's work place.
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Themis View Post
    It happened to me recently.
    Obviously they lied (about their having left the card) they did that to me the other day. Then, after having checked their delivery records on same person/city they delivered it to my wife's work place.
    Hi Demitri
    The puzzling issue is i've now got hold of the courior & they did come to my home address but i wasnt in..I originally changed the delivery address on both checkout & payment for it to be delivered to my work address knowing i wouldnt be in at home, how has the seller got my home address when i never gave it him??, double checking the checkouts shows sure enough my work address.

I'm very annoyed
    1. because there should be no way he should have my home address &
    2. I planned going shopping to Sheffield tomorrow now i have to wait in all day cos it's loaded on the van.

I'm notAlone.

Call the courrier and agree on a different place/time of delivery. That's what I do usually when no-one is at home.
    Dimitri.

George Orwell

I'm Nobody.

They won't they say it's loaded up & wont remove it..Last time ever i use DHL buying or selling, they are one of the worse couriors ive used.

The thing thats annoying me is how the seller got my home address when it wasnt given to him, nothing on either checkouts indicating this address!

Rant over.

I'm notAlone.

If you already have had delivered something at home with DHL, it's normal they have your home address.
    The rule at DHL is "three times' delivery before stocking at the warehouse". So, if you don't mind waiting for a day more, you can fix the third delivery.
    Also, you can deliver it to a neighbor.
    Dimitri.

George Orwell

I'm Santosh.

Hi
    I think what happened here is that once you win the bid the seller will be sent an automated mail telling your original address you have registered when you joined the e bay unless you go in and change the permenant address.
    Permenant address and delivery address are two different things.
    I think you might have changed the delivery address not the permentant address.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I have an alternative delivery address for large packages and so far I've only been let down once on delivery, where it came home instead.

Our local posties do tend to pop registered packages in the letter-box without ringing the bell for a signature though. At least I get them...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

+ Reply to Thread