+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: changes

I'm paul.

Latest Config:

Audiolab M-DAC which doubles as a pre-amp + MCRU/LONGDOG AUDIO POWER SUPPLY. +

Puresound 2A3 amp; "the tubes"...

6SN7GTB RCA NOS VALVES/INPUT DRIVERS
    5Z4G VINTAGE MULLARD NOS VALVES/RECTIFIERS
    2A3 RCA NOS VALVES/OUTPUT (Legendary 'Black Plates' - matched quads.)
    VALVE DAMPER RINGS/TO REDUCE MICROPHONY + RATTLE

MonoPulse 'S' speakers.

REL Stampede Subwoofer.

HP Pavilion G6 - 2382sa D0Y14EA#ABU + "The Teddy" 19/3 - 19V 3.5A LPSU.

M2Tech Hi-Face 2 RCA USB to S/PDIF Converter.

Tacima CS947.

The Missing Link Ultra-Pure System ~ EPS-100 ~Audiophile Un-switched Double Wall Socket.

Sennheiser HD 558 headset.

+ Audio Software [Graphic Equalizer Studio PRO 2016 + media players].

Interconnects: Chord Clearway, QED Reference Audio 1 RCA/Phono (red), QED Reference Coaxial/RCA (purple), ISOkinetik ISOmain & Supra LoRad 2.5 MKII mains cables throughout with Busmann Gold Fuses. Chord Speakon Connector Cable for REL.
    John Wood 6L6 Valve Amp, with:

6L6GC Russian Original (no logo) Output Tubes 4x, supplied by J.Wood.
    ECC81 Mullard NOS Input Tubes 2x
    12AU7 (ECC82) Brimar NOS Input Tubes 2x

Wilson Benesch Actor Loudspeakers.

REL Stampede Subwoofer.

Cary Audio 100t Dac.
    M2Tech Hi-Face 2 RCA USB to S/PDIF (co-axial) converter.

The Missing Link Ultra-Pure System ~ EPS-100 ~Audiophile Silver Un-switched Double Wall Socket +
    APC ‘SurgeArrest’ Surge protector - PM1W-UK (Schneider), + AG500P Power Inspired mains – ‘pure sine wave’ re-generator.

I'm paul.

Coming Soon....

MONOPULSE 'A' SPEAKERS.

pair.jpg

A rear top high small.jpg

A profile.jpg

feet.jpg

A terminals.jpg

REL Stampede Subwoofer.

Cary Audio 100t Dac.

The Missing Link Ultra-Pure System ~ EPS-100 ~Audiophile Silver Un-switched Double Wall Socket +
    APC ‘SurgeArrest’ Surge protector - PM1W-UK (Schneider), + AG500P Power Inspired mains – ‘pure sine wave’ re-generator.

I'm paul.

pair.jpg

So, the Monopulse 'A' has arrived and is every bit worth the upgrade from the 'S'. The 'S' is now for sale if interested? What better accolade would there be? "I loved the 'S' so much that I went out and bought its bigger brother; the 'A' - with complete confidence and no demo needed! Monopulse are 'the dogs' I.M.H.O.

MonoPulse - the only custom-made speakers near this price - and the only loudspeakers using phased-array radar technology - for unique and stunning real-life presence.
    Our ears detect the direction of a sound, using the fractional differences in the arrival of impulses. This gives our sense of depth and sound-stage - and realism. Standard loudspeakers do not accurately time these.
    MonoPulse loudspeakers - with their unique radar technology - have total accuracy - giving a stunning sense of real-life presence.

ag_vert-1500px.jpg

Despite the mods deleting my request for info regarding the AG500 power inspired mains re-generator, I decided to take the plunge and purchase one. There are rave reviews about this item on the net and I can certainly confirm that this addition to the setup HAS made a difference in terms of a more accurate 3D image and a wider, more spatial sound stage. This was on trial, but it definitely won't be going back any time soon!! I would urge anyone with even half an interest to try one out today. Price is unbelievable compared to other pure sine wave generators, no brainer, no competition; enough said!

Power Inspired's AG500 AC ReGenerator is a true online double conversion system providing the highest degrees of power protection, with a stable unwavering high quality power waveform for sensitive and critical loads. Unlike other online units the AG500 is practically inaudible making it suitable for where high quality power is required but without the noise, and unlike other systems the bypass is disabled by default ensuring that raw mains power never reaches your equipment, only clean pure power at all times. This model is fitted with adjustable PWM fan speed controller allowing practically zero noise at minimal loading!

x25_silver_power_cable.jpg

ViaBlue™ X-25. Upgrading my mains cables to these from the copper only ones that I currently use. The X-25 is silver plated cores.

"High-End Power Cable With Double Screening, Silverings & 3x 13awg Conductors.

ViaBlue™ X-25 Silver power cables supply high-end audio and video equipment with clean power. The double screening keeps out interfering frequencies. The X-25 sets out the basis for a completely clean and crystal clear sound. External disturbances have no influence on the signals being transmitted.
    The Absolute Sovereignty in Transmission

ViaBlue™ X-25 Silver power cables supply high-end audio and video equipment with clean power. The ViaBlue™ X-25 Silver has three conductors with each 2.5 mm2. Each conductor contains 50 silvered strands. The double screening of 100% aluminum-laminated foil and 93% tinned copper braid with 32 strands guards against interference from electromagnetic (EM) and radio frequency (RF) sources. The external diameter of the X-25 power cable is 13 mm. The X-25 Silver is very flexible and elastic. The X-25 has certifications of VDE, HAR, UL, CUL / CE.
    Non-shielded power cords may act as antennas. Thus, external interference fields have effects on the frequencies of the signals. The ViaBlue™ X-25 Silver cord with 100% covering shields blocks these external interference fields. For a properly functioning system, it is necessary to transport electrical power clean and trouble-free to all connected devices and giving the complete system that depends on the incoming power an optimum of interference-free basis. The X-25 sets out the basis for a completely clean and crystal clear sound. External disturbances have no influence on the signals being transmitted. Full transfer of the entire spectrum is given by technical linearity.
    Last edited by the_doc735; 31-12-2016 at 04:52.

REL Stampede Subwoofer.

Cary Audio 100t Dac.

I'm Peter.

I found the AG-500 regenerator made a significant improvement at our last house (detail and imaging, in particular), but actually made things a bit worse at the current home (loss of dynamics) ... so, I'd always recommend a trial before purchasing. Ideally, I suppose it'd be interesting to monitor the mains with an oscilloscope through the day to see what was actually going on, but one real benefit I found with the regenerator was it giving a constant 230 volts, which stopped a little SET amp I had from cooking on the 252 volts mains at the last house.

I'm Grant.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by petrat View Post
    I found the AG-500 regenerator made a significant improvement at our last house (detail and imaging, in particular), but actually made things a bit worse at the current home (loss of dynamics) ... so, I'd always recommend a trial before purchasing. Ideally, I suppose it'd be interesting to monitor the mains with an oscilloscope through the day to see what was actually going on, but one real benefit I found with the regenerator was it giving a constant 230 volts, which stopped a little SET amp I had from cooking on the 252 volts mains at the last house.
    nice to know! My amp also runs a little cooler too. The circuits 'here' as pretty good/well behaved as the rented house is only about 25 years old, so the mains is fairly modern and up to date, hardly any glitches

REL Stampede Subwoofer.

Cary Audio 100t Dac.

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    yes!

REL Stampede Subwoofer.

Cary Audio 100t Dac.

I'm paul.

...this is why I decided to acquire the viablue mains cable:

Comparative metal properties table.jpg

REL Stampede Subwoofer.

Cary Audio 100t Dac.

I'm paul.

Latest Config:

Puresound 2A3 amp; "the tubes"...

2A3 RCA NOS VALVES/OUTPUT (Legendary 'Black Plates' - matched quads.)
    6SN7-GTB ALLEN NOS INPUT DRIVERS ('Black Plates' - matched quads.)
    4x 6SN7-GTB Sylvania-Allen Top Getter 'Reference Plus Quad' Tubes 1940-50.jpg
    5Z4G VINTAGE MULLARD NOS RECTIFIERS
    VALVE DAMPER RINGS/TO REDUCE MICROPHONY + RATTLE

MonoPulse 'A' speakers.

REL Stampede Subwoofer.

Audiolab M-DAC which doubles as a pre-amp + MCRU/LONGDOG AUDIO POWER SUPPLY. +

+ Audio Software [Graphic Equalizer Studio PRO 2016 + media players].

Interconnects: Chord Clearway, QED Reference Audio 1 RCA/Phono (red), QED Reference Coaxial/RCA (purple), Chord Speakon Connector Cable (for REL). Meterware ViaBlue x25 silver power cables + Martin Kaiser 10a C14 IEC Male mains cable connectors silver, + MCRU SILVER IEC female mains power connectors, + silver plated ‘UK mains plug’ MK 655 audio grade (3 pin).

REL Stampede Subwoofer.

Cary Audio 100t Dac.

I'm paul.

Cool

these on the shelf:

KEN-RAD VT231 black glass (1940's) Quad:

Ken-Rad VT231 matched quad.jpg

REL Stampede Subwoofer.

Cary Audio 100t Dac.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast